Snow in Houston

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Who would of thought that it would snow here in Houston, Tx this time of year.:eek: The earliest snow ever. Thought yall might enjoy a photo of the RV park (Lakeview RV Park) where we are staying...and it is still snowing. They are predicting 24 for a low tonight. Kind of puts you in the holiday mood. :)

Attachments

• DSC03526.JPG
    DSC03526.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 99

jbeletti

Looks like my yard did this morning. Sun melted it off since. Hope you get a few inches so you can "play kid" and make a snow man and have a snowball fight :)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yeah...we're expecting to be in the thirties here in the RGV tonight...no snow though, thank God!! Can't wait for the temps to go back to normal...hang in there Jim and Sheila.

2010augusta

Y'all in the RGV need to get up North. it was 31 this morning and has been in the low 40's for the last week. Highs in the 50's almost everyday.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It could be worse. I checked the park we left in Rico Colorado and the temperature was 7 degrees this morning. The highest temperature they'll see in the next 5 days will be 25. Brrrrrr. I'll take our snow flurries and 25 degrees for a day or so. By next week, it will be back in the 70's.

osims

bsims
It's snowing in Port Arthur too, im trying to find Al Gores phone number. I think we have global warming in reverse.
Bill

jayc

Bill he's probably busy working on the Internet that he invented.

Riverman

Wow you have more snow in Texas than we currently have in Alberta! that doesn't happen too often.

cjbearden

Visitor
Yea, we had some beautiful flurries early today in Kerrville, TX but temperatures rose above 32 so nothing stuck on the ground. I was under the impression "Winter Texan" meant no winter!!! C.J.

CrazyScotsman

I am up here in Laramie WY. heading to Salt Lake City for Monday am, and all I can say is, " It's Bloody Freezing ". My teeth were chattering and my body was shaking with the cold when I was out fueling Big Red up. ( $460 worth ) Wind cuts right through you, plus it's blowing up to 50mph.
I passed a couple pulling a Big Horn right before I got off the exit to fuel here in Laramie, I talked to them on the cb, they are heading to Yuma ( wish i was ) They were having a helluva time with the wind blowing them all over. They didn't know about the forum, so I told them about it.

CrazyScotsman

Sure do Gus. At first dispatcher told me yesterday am while I was home, he was working on a Miami FL load. I thought GREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT I'll be able to get my shorts on, So much for that idea, 1 hour later he texts me with a SLC, big bloody difference between FL, and UT.

jayc

Here are a couple of pictures of the snow today.

Attachments

• DSC00015.JPG
    DSC00015.JPG
    708.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    671.1 KB · Views: 28

Tom of Ypsi

The BIG snow was a bust here, by nightfall the snow had melted except on the vehicles, only got down to 30 outside and 50 in my trailer.

Ken put some longjohns with the drop bottom under the kilts and you will stay warmer.

4ever

Snow in Houston this time of year is just nuts! I am near Toledo, Ohio and we have not had snow yet however, it was only 15 degrees this morning. Guess winter has arrived. Three weeks from tomorrow and we start heading south. Goin to Florida for the rest of the winter.

Ted

CrazyScotsman

Ken put some longjohns with the drop bottom under the kilts and you will stay warmer.[/QUOTE]

Heck Tom it wasn't a pretty sight me in my kilt, will look even worse with long johns :D:D
Well sitting here in Salt lake City now, beat the snow here, but it is coming down good now. How can people stand living with this weather ?:confused::confused: