Thumbs up on the slide awings!

ChopperBill

Heard reports that the Heartland slide awnings flapped in the wind and sagged down. One dealer I talked too wouldn't order one with awnings but opted to use some other after markets. Happy to report our slide awnings are as tight as a drum and don't flap in the wind! :D Our friends new Jayco had the sagging awnings and after a rain they filled with water. A breeze came up and I'll just say we all could have had a free shower. ;) However, He one upped me when he opened and closed his electric side awing. :eek:

K

Ken Washington

ChopperBill,
When you go to the beach or somewhere where the wind blows heard, you will see what we are talking about! Also yours is new and when you get in heavy rain and the springs are not as tight as they are now, you again will see what we are talking about! That being said, I still would have them because they keep water and sun off the slide roof.
Ken

ChopperBill

Ken: My Snowriver truck camper appears to have the same slide awning as used on our new BH. It is as tight as the day we bought it 2 1/2 years ago. Has been threw many a wind storm and never flapped or started to sag. Could be that Heartland is using a different brand now.