Electric fireplace install

bobjoan

Has anyone installed an aftermarket electric fireplace in their 5th wheel? Possibly under the entertainment center.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
bobjoan, look right HERE. There are a couple of nice mods. The search tool can be your friend.

Peace
Dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well I just did the install in oue Landmark.I installed it in a cabinet under the entertainment center.I ordered an electric Dimplex fireplace insert from Lowes.There are two inserts available from Lowes.One is larger than the other.I ordered the larger one because by using it there was less filling in to do around the insert.I will say, it was not as simple as I thought it would be,but it turned out great and looks good.(I will try to post some pictures latter).Measure very carefully and if you are tearing out a cabinet be careful not to damage any of the wooden pieces when you take them out.In my case I needed to use some of the pieces I took out as filler on one side of the fireplace.We have the light colored stain on our cabinets and it would have been very hard to match the stain.The insert is a non vented model,but I am going to vent mine because I feel the unit will heat better with more air available to move. It can be done and I think you will get a nice looking job.As I said just take your time and be careful.

Sundance_kid

We installed a Dimplix model 12309 in the cabinet under our entertaiment center in our 3300 SK. Very easy to do.

porthole

Retired
I think somewhere in the forum rules it states that you are not allowed to post about great mods/additions without pictures :D

jimtoo

Also,,, don't forget,,,, there are some mods you may not want the Lady of the house to see....sooo... if you find one and she has not seen it and you don't want someone to see it..... I have delete service available for a small fee:angel:.

Of course, if the Ladies are willing to pay a little to see what was deleted.... I might be interested in Un-deleting also...:eek:

Ohh the benefits and power of a Moderator!!:D:D

Unsigned...