Is it covered?

nscaler2

Took our BH 3055 out last weekend for our real fist maiden voyage of the summer. Pulled it a total of about 460 miles. Just noticed this morning that the translucent lens that covers the oval shaped light that iluminates the outside steps decided to pop off somewhere on the highway between here and there. All driving was on interstate highway and paved state highway. No gravel or loose surfaced roads. Is this covered by warranty?

ChopperBill

I am the warranty administrator for a high volume farm equipment dealership. If someone wants something as simple as a light lens I just hand it to them. Probably would give them the whole light. Isn't worth the hassle of turning in a claim. Tell your dealer about the missing lens and ten to one he will just give it to you.

nscaler2

Cheapskate dealer

ChopperBill
I did phone the dealer. They said that it wasn't covered by warranty. (Wonder why?) and that they wanted $5 plus shipping to get it to me. I though the same thing you did when I called them. It seems I bought from the the cheapest dealer in the country. I've seen it said here on this forum that your dealer can make or break the deal. Well this cheapskate just tipped his hand on how I expect to be treated in the future. One would think that a $5 item would be a gratis item on a purchase of over $36000. But not with this outfit. Needless to say I won't be recomending this outfit to anyone else. Thing is, I guess Heartland doesn't realize that a bad dealer reflects badly on them too. My Bighorn dealer is 120 miles from me. There is a Landmark dealer here within 10 miles, however Scott has said it here on this forum not to expect "to be put at the head of the line" if I wanted to take my Bighorn there. On the one hand I can understand that, however on the other hand if one were to look at this like car dealerships, I can take my Ford truck to any dealer and they are more than happy to take care of me in hopes of getting my repeat business and maybe a future truck sale. Seems Heartland doesn't agree with this type of thinking. Anyway for lack of a $5 item, the dealer sucks in my opinion and Heartland isn't far behind.

v92c

Texan
We lost ours on our first trip also. I added it to the two page list of items that needed to be fixed when I took it in after the shakedown cruise. They put a new one on, under warranty.

Gary F

NSCALER2,

Respectfully - I wouldn't be so quick to include Heartland RV, LLC in not taking care of this for you. Give them the opportunity to advise you on what they will do for you.
Factually your selling RV dealer can state this is not a covered warranty claim because the part in question is missing based on your comment to them. The dealer should contact Heartland for you to see if this is a known problem and if so take care of it.

Let us know the outcome after you have discussed it with a Heartland representative.

Last edited:

tcbrady

please call me Monday morning at 574-266-8726 and I'll ship you a lense cover. This isn't the typicaly way of handling warranty type items but I will make it happen in this particular case.

thanks!