Follow-Up to Dissatisfied Customer

michael_s

I recently received a message from a member asking what the outcome was to a post I submitted a while back “Dissatisfied Customer”. I have left the name of the member out because it was a PM. Although not everything is completed, so far, I still responded to the PM and thought everyone would be interested in my response.
Name Withheld
No problem. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you, I have been out of town. As for your question; I have received my unit back from the manufacture and they did repair most of the issues addressed and I must say they returned the unit in time for me to use it. One of the major problems that I addressed, which was the awning, was not repaired. Apparently they did not understand what the problem was. I will be contacting them Monday to address this problem again. Another issue that I noticed, during my break-in trip, was that the unit was not very cold weather compatible. During my trip in Kansas the temp dropped to 14 degrees one night; that night the intake hose, the hose between the pump and the fresh water tank, froze leaving me with no water. This cut my trip short as I had to return because I was unable to get the hose to thaw.
Although I have had these problems I will say that Heartland did repair most of the problem identified and did get the unit back to me in time for use. I would place the awning repair issue under a misunderstanding of the exact problem. Although I initially had problems with Heartland I will say that they tried to resolve all problems and accomplished them in a timely manner.
What ever you decide to do take with you that I believe that they make a quality product and I do really like the design of the 3355rl.
Good Luck and let me know what you decide.

Maybe someone has some helpful comments concerning the cold weather issue.
ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Michael_s

2010augusta

Thanks for the follow up on your issues Michael, At first I thought you were speaking about the "Disgruntled Customer" thread, But I searched for your "Dissatisfied Customer" thread to refresh my memory.

As for the cold weather issues: you need to keep the furnance running to keep the basement warm. You might try adding foam insulation to the waterlines in the basement.