Antenna Cable

landp

When Directv installed my dish they changed some of the cabling. Now I am trying to trace down the cable that comes from the antenna. Other than taking it to a deal, Can you give me any suggestions?

I own a 2009 3210.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wish I could help you but without being there it's next to impossible to know what the installer did. I had Direct TV installed about 6 weeks ago. I installed 2 pass thru coax connectors in the side wall of the entertainment slide prior to the installer arriving and I watched every move he made so I would know how he did things and what he did. We got the DVR set up. I also ran a separate coax to the bedroom TV and used a RF modulator to send DTV up there and use an RF Remote in the bedroom for the receiver in the LR. I also added an exhaust fan to the side wall of the entertainment slide to exhaust the warm air from the TV and receiver. I used a 5 inch diameter computer coolong fan and it runs on 12 volts and has an on/off switch.

rick_debbie_gallant

Ray LeTourneau; I used a 5 inch diameter computer coolong fan and it runs on 12 volts and has an on/off switch.[/QUOTE said:
Ray:

Where do you get your 12 volt power from for the fan? Where does the cooler air come from.

Ray LeTourneau

Where do you get your 12 volt power from for the fan? Where does the cooler air come from.
My 3400 has a 12 volt outlet in the entertainment area. I don't know why but I think they did away with those outlets in 2009. You can pick up 12 volts from any nearby light though. The fan is designed to pull the warm air out so the cooer air comes i from the living area. I mounted the fan to the inner surface of the side wall in the TV compartment and operate it manually as needed. On the outside of the wall I have a residential dryer vent but would like to replace that with one of those chrome RV dryer vents soon. I haven't taken any pictures yet and have to work the next couple days but I'll get some posted asap.

Mike Aplin

Have you tried to contact our customer service dept. about the wiring from the ant? On Cyclones, we run the cable/sat. to the living room ent. center and to the ext. basement storage comp. on the door side of the unit. Please contact our cust. serv. dept. (877-262-8032) so they can try and walk you through any questions that you may have. Take care, Mike

landp

Update:

I went a bought a tracer for coax cabling. so far the connection in back, the connection in the living room market "satelite" and one of the cable in the bedroom are all connected. Now where I need some more help. I took off the connection plate in the bedroom and the bottom connector wasnt connect to anything. The top one which is the powered connected was connected to one coax cable. Does anyone know what should all be connected to that powered connection?

jbeletti

Service has supplied to me, the Coax Layout for the current Cyclone and Road Warrior products. It is more a wiring diagram than it is a wire routing document. I have placed it in HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals). Here's a link.

landp

Service has supplied to me, the Coax Layout for the current Cyclone and Road Warrior products. It is more a wiring diagram than it is a wire routing document. I have placed it in HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals). Here's a link.

The layout is very helpful. thanks, would you be able to find out what cable connect to the TV Booster in the bedroom. I am sure that one of them is the TV antenna but of the other two which one connects to the booster and which connects to the botton connector?

jbeletti

The layout is very helpful. thanks, would you be able to find out what cable connect to the TV Booster in the bedroom. I am sure that one of them is the TV antenna but of the other two which one connects to the booster and which connects to the botton connector?

Following the drawing, here's what the cables are "on the back" of the wall-plate:

Cable TV Input
TV Antenna Input
Output 1

On the front of the wall-plate, there is one jack. Call this
Output 2

The way it works is:

With the switch on the wall-plate OFF (no red light):
- The Cable TV input is selected and that signal is routed to Output 1 & 2

With the switch on the wall-plate ON (red light is illuminated):
- The TV Antenna input is selected and that signal is routed to Output 1 & 2

Does this help? Please reply with more specific questions, now that you know what the cables are.

Jim

landp

I thought I had replied to this post. Thanks for the wire diagram it really helped. I have traced down most of the wiring. I called the factory and they are going to help me figure out which three coax wires connect to the power booster in the bed room.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Good news! I just had DTV do some upgrades at the house and they are now have DVR units that only require one coax to feed. That is a big thing for those that want to watch one channel and record another at the same time with only one coax (sat.)feeding the entertainment center in the fiveer. Hope this helps to keep from having to run another coax for DVR.

landp

Lets see if these pics help me understand how things connect. If you look at the first picture there are three connections. The connection in the top right corner is label antenna. I assume thats where the antenna cable connects. The one next to it isnt labeled that I can see. The connection in the next row is labeled tv2. The one going thru the plate to allow the tv to connect to it is labeled tv1.

So here is what I think I need to do.

I have connected one of the coax cables to the connection marked antenna, Now there are still two coax cables left. Of those two cables one of them runs thru-out the trailer. That one i am connecting to the connection labeled TV2. So where does the last coax cable connect? Does it connect to the bottom connection in the plate or to the connect thats part of the booster that isnt labeled?

Following the drawing, here's what the cables are "on the back" of the wall-plate:

Cable TV Input
TV Antenna Input
Output 1

On the front of the wall-plate, there is one jack. Call this
Output 2

The way it works is:

With the switch on the wall-plate OFF (no red light):
- The Cable TV input is selected and that signal is routed to Output 1 & 2

With the switch on the wall-plate ON (red light is illuminated):
- The TV Antenna input is selected and that signal is routed to Output 1 & 2

Does this help? Please reply with more specific questions, now that you know what the cables are.

Jim

Attachments

• topthreeconnection.jpg
    topthreeconnection.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 35
  • fronttwoconnection.jpg
    fronttwoconnection.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 32
  • backtwoconnection.jpg
    backtwoconnection.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 33

Ray LeTourneau

Pictures of Exhaust vent in LR TV cabinet

OK! I finally took a couple pictures. Since the vent is hidden by the TV, I didn't take the extra time to make it pretty by covering up the wires. I also used aluminum flashing tape to make the transition hole from the outer wall to the inner wall smooth, The hole in the outer wall is 4" in diameter and the inner wall is 5". I didn't "trim" the tape on the interior wall because it's hidden as well but after looking at the pictures I may just clean it up a bit.:eek: The switch is on the side wall of the desk area and I pulled power from the 12 volt outlet in the lower entertainment center compartment. Heartland doesn't put this outlet in any longer. Don't know why.

Attachments

• Ent Ctr exhaust fan.JPG
    Ent Ctr exhaust fan.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Ent Ctr outer vent.JPG
    Ent Ctr outer vent.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 25