Car in the garage

nbcnco

Just a quick question,

Will the garage of a cyclone 3914 support hauling a small car?

I have a Toytota Yaris that weighs about 2300 pounds. There is a possibility of downsizing to a Smart Fortwo that weighs in at 1700 pounds.

Will there be an issue with that much weight sitting behind the axles?

Will the ramp door support driving the car into the garage?

Also, does the garage bed count towards the 2500 pound limit for the garage?

Mike Aplin

I can't stress enough that this is a "toy hauler" not a car hauler. That being said, the garage floor is rated at 2,500lbs. Rembember, everything that you put in the rear of the coach will take pin weight off of the front of the coach. We just want all of our customers to be safe and to not overload the coach. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to give us a shout. Take care, Mike

SilverRhino

Big Boys like Big Toys

I guess this is just a case of.....as we boys grow older.....our toys grow larger! :)

As Mike said.......Safety First!

PSF513

BUT, sounds like his toys are getting smaller. Leaves more room for beer coolers and hammocks.

I have a 1,600 pound Kawasaki Mule that I have hauled in the garage. I thought the carrying capacity was 3,000 and the ramp is rated for 2,500 pounds, so I would think you are OK. As others indicated, I bet the biggest issue is what it does to pin weight, control, etc. I haven't had a problem, and even hauled (just to give the weight police a heart attack) that combination with a 3/4 ton Chevy w/ the Duramax prior to getting my Ford dually. That was only a short 50 mile trip each way though.

Mike,
I'm looking to buy a 5th toy hauler for my Mazda Miata. It weights 2200 pounds.

Are you saying as long as we stay under 2500 this is a safe load or not?

Thanks,
Paul

Mike Aplin

Good morning and thank you for your question. I posted last January that our garage rating is #2500 lbs. At the end of the day, this is still considered a toy hauler, not a car hauler. I just want all of our customers to be safe with whatever our you put in the back. If you have any further questions regarding the payload, feel free to contact customer service.
Take care, Mike

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for that reply, Mike. I did notice that the Standards & Options tab of the Cyclone ONLINE brochure/information sheet states that the ramp is rated at 3000 lbs while the garage floor is only rated at 2500 lbs. Is the ramp rating based on the load being spread out over the entire ramp door? Is this number even correct?

I personally can't imagine rolling 3000 lbs onto my ramp door.

Mike Aplin

You are correct. The ramp door that we purchase from our vendor is rated at 3,000lbs. I guess that because they feel that the load would be spread over the entire door as well as larger vehicles would only have one set of axles on the door at any given time in most cases. Thanks, Mike

porthole

Retired
According to Lippert and Mor/Ryde (another tail door supplier) the rating is based on at least 2 contact points spreading the load, e.g. 1500 pounds on each of two wheels. Not for a single contact point of 3000 pounds.