CY 3914 Modification plan in Slide Out

plumberdude

We would like to remove existing seating area and install two lazyboy recliners and small end table. Does anyone know if this would be to heavy for the slide out? We have no idea how much weight any of the slide outs hold?

Thanks
Pat

jbeletti

Pat and Lori,

I have replaced the HRV supplied recliners in my last 2 units with Lazy Boy recliners. They are lighter weight too.

I'd say you'll be fine weight-wise.

Is this what you have that you want to replace?

09_CY_3914_Dinette_web_copy.jpg

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Dude.. We did the same thing. We went to the Laz Boy Gallery and bought two chairs. They are big enough to sit in and we have about a hand's width between the wall on each side and between the chairs....

My only problem with the chairs we bought is that they are close to the floor and I would like them about 3" higher, but otherwise they are great. They are Stock# LD895964, SKU# 15000763, Recline Away, La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries. It is called the Ellis. It is no longer available but it is very similar to the Forte.

Someone had some recliners built while we were in Goshen IN at the Rally. They are really nice, has soft leather and are a lot lighter than the ones that came with our trailer...

BC

plumberdude

Jim, yes that is what we want to replace. We have 2 lazy boy chairs we want to put in. The store we were at today said they weight about 30lbs.