It seems no one at heartland knows who paints their units ?

kubo

Hi all, well this has been strange, I have been looking for touch up paint to try and fix my door side baggage door, that was not correct from the factory and is rubbing the door frame when opened, and no one from heartland seems to know who paints their units, (not full body paint), I have been looking and searching for white touch up paint or a paint code to try and fix this door and have gotten no where with the factory? how can that be? I quess I will try and get heartland to replace the door, like most everybody else who had that problem did. come on guys, you can do better than this !!!!!!!!!! :confused: It's touch up paint !

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
kubo,
If you are talking about the slam baggage door manufactured by Mor Ryde then I would contact Mor Ryde directly as they should have the information you need.

Good luck,
Mark

DickO

If your unit is under warranty, they will replace your slam door. We have had ours replaced twice. 2010 Bighorn.

DMitch

Seems like they could give you a paint code. I think it's base coat / clear coat.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I can't help with a paint code. As far as I know, HL does not paint their trailers. It's jel coat. All the baggage doors and trim are supplied to them by Mor/Ryde. I'm sure that it is a standard white for all of the industry.

I for one am getting tired of the same ol' bashing because someone needs a paint code for something that HL "DOES NOT" manufacture or paint. If someone has a question about something and you know the answer..........then answer it. Leave the sarcasum and bashing out of it. It's the same people over and over and over.

DMitch

Bob, there was no bashing on my part intended! I did mis read the post, when I replied I thought he was talking full body paint. I should have read more carefully I'll admit. If you wish, look through my posts I don't come here to bash anybody.

This will be my last post on this forum. Some of you guys must monitor posts looking for someone to give a hard time too! Jessum, lighten up. They can delete my account if they wish.

Last edited:

SilverRhino

I can't help with a paint code. As far as I know, HL does not paint their trailers. It's jel coat. All the baggage doors and trim are supplied to them by Mor/Ryde. I'm sure that it is a standard white for all of the industry.

I for one am getting tired of the same ol' bashing because someone needs a paint code for something that HL "DOES NOT" manufacture or paint. If someone has a question about something and you know the answer..........then answer it. Leave the sarcasum and bashing out of it. It's the same people over and over and over.

I agree........and unfortunately it's not restricted to only paint issues!

K

Kevin_Finn

The paint code for the white metal on Bighorn is as follows:
Our white.

UR50 193.40
D902 2071.00
BC209 2104.90
BC605LS 2120.00
BC402LS 2126.50

THIS MAKES ONE QUART

osims

bsims
Kubo
I don't know what trailer you have but i'm guessing it's a Landmark. If it is we got some touch up paint in our owners packet and i didn't know it was there till i went looking for something else. Bob the Landmarks are partially painted and Heartland sends them to a paint shop to be painted.
Bill

kubo

Hey guys, thanks for all of your responses, I did find touch up paint in the packet with all the instructions/pamphlet stuff for the unit, but no white paint, bummer !, but any how, I did forget to mention, and I am sorry about that, I do have a 2010 landmark agusta, (not full body paint), and I also did contact moryride, they told me they send out the doors to be painted, but did not know who paints them, HUH !?. well, contacted my dealer today and hopefully can shed some light on the matter, I may just be getting a new door sent to me, and I can install it myself. I really do appreciate everybodys input on my questions, I have been camping a long time, in a motorhome, but this is a first for me in a 5th wheel, although some things are the same, there are many other things that are different, and being a rookie at those things is why I am here to gather information, thanks to everybody on this forum.

2010augusta

Performance Painting systems, LLC

codes:

BG-101 champane
BG-100 bronze

The white is a finish done by the door manufacture, Mor-ryde.

Good luck on the paint, We got our perfectly color match at the body shop.

Rmcgrath53

I have a rear storage door on my unit that got dented up . I called heartland and talked with Gary and he got me the paint codes BASF paint codes for my unit. Had the door painted with the paint code of the trailer. You cant evan tell that it was redone now, It took them a while to get the codes but they did get them.

2010augusta

I have the codes and painters info on a sticker inside the coat closet and on the touch up bottles in with the owners packet.

jnbhobe

I think most good paint shops or supply houses can scan your paint and mix you the right color. JON

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When I had to have some body damage repaired the paint was computer matched (I don't know the name of the shop in Houston) perfectly. So I know that is possible. BTW the shop tried to match the paint using the paint code and it would not match.