Cleaned up of the electical side.

ChopperBill

Cleaned up the electical side.

Did some clean up of the electrical side of the coach today. Sorry to say that my dealer was also guilty of sloppy work. :( The extra wire for the Xantrex switch was weaved in and out of other wires and pipes and the rest was just thrown into the compartment. Several more feet of inverter, as well as TV, cable than necessary was also just left to chance. Did what I could do to coil it out of the way. Rerouted the heat vent that goes to the bedroom as it was squashed between the converter and the wall and went threw the wiring and water pipes. Glad I saved the 6 inch piece that I cut off the other side. Water hose to the outside sprayer was almost 3 feet longer than needed and coiled in and out of wires. Cut and relocated that. Vacuum hose to the storage bay was a couple of feet longer than need, and did a big snaky loop in the compartment, the wires were more than that. Shortened both and and tied them up out of way of the rest of the electrics. Also noted that the vacuum wast not vented to the outside. Not sure what would happen if a bag broke. All that dust into the electrical works is not something that I would cherish. My friends Jayco is vented to the outside. Will vent it out to the storage bay when I find the fittings. Not much I could do with the wiring to the beaker panel. I think Landmark must use the same wiring harness for all the coaches. There had to be at least 50 or more feet of wiring than needed. I could had straightened out some wayward water lines but it would be purely for aesthetes and decided "don't ask, don't tell" at that time. When I got done I was somewhat satisfied but would have like to have done more. I am sure everything would work they way it was, but thats not my neat and tidy way. Feel a lot better about the inside workings now! :)

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

:confused: Bill, with all that extra wire in there, maybe the electromagnetic induction is working to keep your batteries charged. What do you think?:D

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Vacuum cleaner venting

Bill......I also plan to vent the vacuum cleaner but to the outside of the fiver near the cleaner unit. I had sprinkled Arm & Hammer powder over the rugs in the trailer and then vacuumed it up. Low and behold the bag wasn't installed properly and I wound up with white dust all over the area AND into the storage bay. You might consider venting to the outside also. I have to find the vent (similar to the battery vent) and some hose now.

We're making our maiden trip (10 days) this week and hope everything works plus NO TIRE BLOWOUTS.

K

Ken Washington

Are you guys talking about doing away with the bag and venting everything outside?
Ken

ChopperBill

Ken: No I am just going to vent it from the canister to the storage unit or get one of those special doors similar to the stove vent and vent it outside. The Installation instructions that come with the vacuum even said not to exhaust it into an enclosed sealed place. Figured the storage space would be OK as it can be opened . Inside where the electrics are definitely is NOT the place to vent it.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Venting

Ken.....I am planning to vent the air "output" of the central vacuum unit. Right now it is output into the space where the vacuum unit is installed.

ChopperBill......Look at the battery vent. It appears to be about the right size for the vacuum hose. If we mount one on the door side wall of the trailer and angle the vacuum hose inside upward from it to the vacuum air output, water shouldn't get in as long as we don't spray directly into the vent when washing the trailer. I had considered running the vent line down but couldn't see an easy way to get through the floor and on to the bottom of the trailer. Might still consider that though as then we wouldn't need a vent fitting.

ChopperBill

For some reason the Eureka manual said not to go out through the bottom of the RV. Don't know the reason for that. But I am not taking anything to chance. Even a simple vacuum exhaust.

Wild Wind

When I added a second battery battery to our 3055, I found the exact battery vent box, hose, & exterior vent at Lloyd Bridges Traveland, (734)475-1347. They have a well stocked RV parts department.
I will be be picking-up another vent and hose to vent our central vacuum.
I am also concerned about enough cool air flow for cooling the vacumm motor. There is only the vent in the partition wall, which should be kept clear, and I usely open the storage compartment door when vacuuming.