Help! I'm clueless setting up my surround sound!

ChopperBill

I have the standard fat tube Toshiba 27" TV and the Zenith DVD/CD system. I have the video cable installed and I installed the component cable. Red,yellow, white. Plugged into every possible scenario. I get the surround speakers to work on a DVD, CD and the radio. Darned if I can get just the TV/ antenna/satellite sound through it! I went through the menus for the TV and the DVD player but I am left clueless! Can someone with the same set up "draw" me a picture of how they plugged theirs in and any settings on the other components made? I am guessing that you use the aux setting on the DVD remote? Thanks

nhunter

If you plug the audio out from tv into the aux. in on the dvd player that should work. I plug the S video cable from back of laptop into video 1 input on tv and moved dvd player to video 2. I then plugged a cable from the headset jack on computer into aux input and can use my tv as a computer screen. Just make sure you don't have the s video cable and yellow component cable plugged in at the same time in the same video input or it will confuse your tv. Hope that helps

sislv

Tom & Sharol
TV Audio

Bill....as nhunter said, you have to add a stereo audio patch cable from the TV stereo audio output (bottom right two vertical jacks) as viewed from the back of the TV set. Plug the other ends to the AUX stereo input jacks on the Radio/DVD Player/Amplifier. You'll also have to select AUX with the remote control. I had a 3' stereo cable and it was long enough. It works good. The hookup is shown (somewhat) under "External Equipment Connections" on page 9 of the Zenith manual. Think of the "Rear of VCR (or LD player, etc.)" as your TV set and it's audio output jacks.

I'm going to try to program the remote to also control the TV set as mentioned on page 25 of the Zenith "DVD Receiver Home Theater System" manual. That way we should be able to control the TV power, volume, channel, and input with the one remote.

nhunter

And make sure your real careful like pulling the tv out as the edge trim on top of the tv stand scratches / tears easy. Don't ask how I know.:eek:

ChopperBill

Thanks gentlemen! Its working. Now how in the heck did I make such a hard job out of that simple task! :eek: Just how I missed the Aux plug ins is beyond me!