3055rl maybe

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I would like to commend all the forum folks here for such a great site. The forum I belong to with my present trailer is a mirror image of this site, just a little larger group of folks. It's nice to be able to visit a site that is informative and no flaming going on. I'm wanting to move from a TT to 5th wheel and had thought I had researched all the manufactures till Heartland came into the picture. I really never thought I'd consider a different brand than my present trailer manufacturer, which I'm very pleased with. I think we really like the floor plan of the Big Horn 3055RL but have yet to walk thru that model. We did get to to see a 2925RK and a 3400RL to a least see the workmanship and compare to that other ;) brand. Heartland does make a very nice trailer and might have to flip a coin to decide. Sorry so long winded and always keep your forum as is,nice:)
Ken

jbeletti

Welcome to the forum Ken and Kathy!

Glad you like what you have seen thus far. Should you have any questions about a specific floorplan, feature or option, just post it in the Prospective Owners forum and you're sure to get one or more responses from people who are real users of that product.

Should you have a specific question for the factory that you want answered out in the open, feel free to post in the Ask The Factory forum for the model you like.

The factory is also pretty responsive by phone and email. Best of luck to you both in your endeavor to move up to a 5er and happy camping.

Jim

Midastouch

Ken and Kathy ...

Welcome to the forum! Now that I have seen what your present TT is ... I can tell you that I was 99% sold on a Sunnybrook Titan fiver ... dealer was great, loved the unit, etc... then ....somehow I saw a post in another forum regarding Heartland. One thing led to another I finally got to place my custom order on a Landmark Grand Canyon .... delivery date 9/5/06 in Knoxville. Not only was I impressed with the fifth wheel, but these great folks on the forum, along with factory involvement sold me! The only regret is that I wasn't able to order before the Annual Rally that took place but I hope to be there next year to meet everyone in person!:D

ct0218

I owned a Sunnybrook prior to my Landmark, and it was a very good trailer. We too were definitely going with a Titan fiver also until I came across Heartland. Enjoy it, we sure are.

osims

bsims
We will be picking up our new 3055RL this Saturday. We researched just about all the manufacturers and really like the quality of the Big Horn. We'll let everyone know how we really feel in a couple of months but I feel sure we will be happy.

jbeletti

osims,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on pickup up your Bighorn in just a couple days. I am sure you are very excited. We look forward to helping you learn even more about your trailer as well as learning from you. If you have not already found one, be sure to search this forum for PDI and download a PDI checklist to help you go through your new unit on day of pickup. Plan several hours.

Jim

DennisZ

Katkens
We just finished a 2 week 3000 mile tour of the Northwest with our 3055RL and love it more by the day. We researched many brands and kept coming back to the Bighorn. We purchased our unit from John at Lakeshore Rv in Michigan, they really do a god job on pricing and are really great to work with. I've had a couple of small issues, and although they are in MI and I'm in Calif., they still take care of the problems.

Good luck in your desision, whatever it is will be the right one for you.:)

GaryB

DennisZ

I'm considering buying from Lakeshore also. You mentioned that they've taken care of the problems, despite that you are in CA. Can you explain how that is done? Did they coordinate the repairs thru your local dealer? That's the only thing that worries me about buying from Lakeshore - dealing with local dealers who are upset that I didn't buy from them.

Thanks
Gary

Hi DennisZ,
I'm considering buying a Bighorn 3670RL from Lakeshore because I've heard some pretty good things about Lakeshore and have been unable to find anyone who can match their prices. As with GaryB, I'm concerned with obtaining service support as our local dealer has a posted sign refusing to work on a unit not purchased from them. I'm currently in Northern Virginia but will be retiring to Olympia WA in three years so am concerned how you worked out this long distance support relationship with Lakeshore. Thanks for any sage advice you can provide.
Guy

svd

We purchased from Lakeshore, and have had no problems, although we are only 3 hours away. We needed a window shade, and a crank for the spare tire, and had both by UPS within a week. John at Lakeshore explained to me that if there was no Heartland dealer where service is needed, Heartland will authorize and pay for repair at any RV dealership/repair shop.

Any dealer that posted a notice like that would get dropped from my list. They get paid for the work whether they sold you the unit or not. Good luck with your decision.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

osubeaver36

I am not sure where Lakeshore is in Mi. but give Butch a call at RV'S for less. They are in Knoxville Tn, it may be closer to you than Mi.