Pin Box Type on Cyclone Toyhaulers?

HD_RoadDog

Hope someone be aware of what make and model pin box Heartland users for the Cyclone toy-haulers the 3612 to be exact.
Thanks in advance considering having a sidewinder pin box installed in place of the factory one.

HD_RoadDog

I was thinking of the sidewinder because of the 22" is moves the pivot point further to the back of my short bed pickup. I was hoping to never hear the dreaded crunch and smash of glass. I have a fairly tight turn to get into my house would hate to get the new RV there to find out it not possible to make a tight enough turn to get it in the yard.

caissiel

I would check with HL or Lippert how much extension is structuraly safe. I broke the front 5th wheel structure on my previous 5th wheel (not an HL unit). And I never overloaded it in any way. It don't look good when the pin bends upward.

truknutt

Committed Member
Hope someone be aware of what make and model pin box Heartland users for the Cyclone toy-haulers the 3612 to be exact.
Thanks in advance considering having a sidewinder pin box installed in place of the factory one.

My '09 3210 has a Lippert 1621 HD factory pin box. I was looking at eTrailer's site and it states that the HD model Sidewinder is rated at 19,500 lbs. Here's that link.

Your box should have the model stamped into it. Loooook very closely and you'll find it. If not, you can call Heartland's Customer Service and with your VIN they should be able to tell you exactly.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I saw a sidewinder hitch on an Everest 5er and the sidewinder hitch was broken at the swivel point. Ever since I saw that I don't trust them. MHO

porthole

Retired
After seeing how they work I opted for a sliding hitch. I think they put too much stress on the trailers frame.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have a manual slider (which I have never used) and a Mor/Ryde pin box. I do not have any problems making a 90* turn. JMHO, a pin box that is longer than a stock one puts too much stress on the frame. Bob:D