It's coming

robnmo

We just got the call today, we're supposed to pick up our 3612 on Friday @ 930 AM. The little Ms actually started crying when we got the call, decades of planning finally coming to be. Guess all the things she's stashed in the garage will finally have a home and I get more garage space. :D

truknutt

Committed Member
It's always great to hear of another Cyclone owner out there!!! Welcome to the family..now get prepared for that PDI !!

robnmo

Thanks, we're excited guess we'll retire the tents after all these years of traveling by bikes, it was fun but time to move on. I'm a newbie to all this and I'm trying to muster through all the abbreviations. PDI? is that Predelivery Inspection?

jimtoo

Hi Rob,

Yes, PDI is predelivery inspection. Do a good check over, take your time and check every little detail, inside, outside, top and bottom. Make them show you the operation of everything. Take notes if you need to.

Welcome to the family and enjoy your new Cyclone.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI (for your information) a good PDI (pre-delivery inspection or sometimes called a walkthrough) will take at least a couple of hours if you are unfamiliar with RVs. Make sure you have them show you the location of the water heater (in the basement) and the back access panel, and the refrigerator (rear access panel) and have the unit hooked up to water and sewer. Also have them show you the 120v AC electric panel and 12 V DC electric panel. There are several PDI (walkthrough) check-lists on the forum also. BTW (By the way) don't just have them show you how things operate have them let you operate things. And anything you find defective have them fix it BEFORE you accept the unit.

robnmo

Thanks for the responses, I'll look and try to find the PDI checklists on here. I was wondering about hooking up to water, I am worried about having to winterize it again or it freezing up on our trip home (even though it's only a couple hr drive). I've been around RV's some and we're taking a friend that has done commercial equipment installation for 30 yrs to help go through it. This is a new venture for us so any suggestions/direction is greatly appreciated.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
On other suggestion is to either videotape the PDI or at least take good notes because you will suffer from information overload. If it is possible to be able to stay overnight at the dealership in the RV or at a nearby campground I would recommend doing so. Also get the telephone number of the person doing the PDI so you can call them when you run into something their neglected to show you. If your unit is winterized and you cannot hook it up to water how will you know the water system does not leak or if the water pump works or toliet works etc. The dealer should be willing to re-winterize your unit if necessary after the PDI. It does not take that long to winterize it at a dealership.

airedale

after half a dozen rvs, i can still screw up a perfectly good pdi by forgetting things....not the normal stuff but the unknowns of a different unit.....i use a small voice activated digital recorder when doing the walk through.....if my attention span gets any worse...it will be a video cam next time.....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depending on your experience with trailers, have them show you how to hitch, unhitch, set up and actually pull the rig around their parking lot. Practice backing it up there, too. Do NOT pull out onto the highway until you feel comfortable manuevering your rig and have a feel for what it's like on your truck. A good dealer will insist you give it a try before taking off. Mine did. Was worth the extra few minutes, even though I've pulled boats and travel trailers.

robnmo

Depending on your experience with trailers, have them show you how to hitch, unhitch, set up and actually pull the rig around their parking lot. Practice backing it up there, too. Do NOT pull out onto the highway until you feel comfortable manuevering your rig and have a feel for what it's like on your truck. A good dealer will insist you give it a try before taking off. Mine did. Was worth the extra few minutes, even though I've pulled boats and travel trailers.

Oh yeah this is her biggest fear...........just getting it home. Once we're home we're good to go, we've got a campground within 1 mile of the house that we have access to in order to practice parking, backing, manuevering all winter long. I've towed alot of things over the years, not quite this long but about the same weight, but I'm sure it's going to be a different world. As for the winterizing she's calling the dealership Monday to make sure we can ck out all the plumbing, water pump, electric, etc and I managed to find the PDI checklists in various forms. Thanks again for all the info, greatly appreciated.

truknutt

Committed Member
Have a CD and DVD with you so that the entertainment center can be explained to you. Have them explain & DEMONSTRATE the external speakers..this seems to be a recurring complaint on this forum.

A small TV would be handy to check out the hookups prior to departing the dealership.

After they show you all the plumbing ops walk through the winterizing process with them..optional ice maker, low-point drains, black tank flush, etc.

Locate the fuse/breaker for the front landing gear before you leave the dealership.

Don't get overwhelmed...make sure you control the PDI at your pace.

Send photos when you can...we luv to see new shiny rigs!!!

CPE

Don't forget to have dealer show black tank flush and make sure it is working.
Also, have front landing legs marked with red marker prior to lock up and fuse blowing. (mine did this before I went for my PDI).

robnmo

truknutt, thanks never even gave a DVD a thought or taking a TV to ck bedroom and garage hookups (we ordered it with just the main TV, we couldn't justify 400 ea for 2 19" TV's. CPE you completely lost me on the red marker and front landing jacks could you possibly send me a PM and explain what I need to do/look at/ or what can happen? I'm starting to feel like a fish outta water with all this. :confused: