Tank Heaters Revisited

2010augusta

I found this thread, but the last update was almost two years ago and a lot of thing have changed since then. I would like to know more about the tank heaters on the 2010 Landmarks. Jim B said he would post the manual in the HOOT, and I looked through the HOOT and the HOM and found no tank heater manuals. Who is the current manufacture for the heaters? is it still UltraHeat? Is each unit on its own thermostat control or just the whole system on one controller? Any input from Jim B or the factory would be greatly appreciated.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
This was not a factory option on my Cyclone, but the dealer installed the UltraHeat on mine. http://www.ultraheat.com/tank_heaters.html They are individually controlled. This from their website:

TANK HEATERS:

1. When the outside temperature is near freezing, simply turn "ON" the holding tank heater's 13.5 VDC power switch and/or plug in the 120 VAC power cord.
  2. There must be liquid in the holding tank, pipes, and elbows when UltraHeat™ heaters are on.
  3. The tank heater immediately starts protecting your holding tank from freezing up.
  4. The thermostat on the heater will turn "ON" the tank heater as soon as the tank temperature drops in the tank to 44°F (7°C). The tank heater immediately starts protecting your holding tank. When the temperature in the holding tank rises to 64°F (18°C), the tank heater will automatically turn "OFF"
  5. If using a generator or other power source which exceeds the heaters voltage requirements turn the heater "OFF" and /or unplug the power cord to avoid eventual damage to the heater's thermostat.
  6. Turn the power switch "OFF" (and/or unplug the power cord on the Dual Voltage Model when the outside temperature is above freezing.
  7. Failure to follow these operating instructions could result in the voiding of your warranty.
Note: Tank Heaters are thermostatically controlled. This product has been tested and is designed to be used as a heating device for RV fresh water supply and waste water holding tanks made of standard grade plastics. UltraHeat, Inc. assumes no liability for any usage of product for purpose other than what is consistent with the original design and testing.​

Attachments

• HT 01.JPG
    HT 01.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 39

jbeletti

HT - thanks for the feedback on your UltraHeat - good stuff.

Alan - I have nothing but will try to obtain info at the plant next week.

I do know ours are 110 VAC, not 12 VDC. I am uncertain if they are thermostatically controlled. I do not believe they are.

Jim

lwmcguir

I have been looking at ours as well and have some of the same questions 2010Augusta has. Has anyone found the actual wiring? I will start at the circuit breaker and trace it when it warms up but knowing where it runs on the Landmarks would be a big help. The Circuit braker is on the 120V panel as Jim B stated his was.

Boca_Shuffles

Since we don't have tank heaters in our Bighorn, this might be one of the answers to "What are the differences between a Bighorn and a Landmark".

2010augusta

Since we don't have tank heaters in our Bighorn, this might be one of the answers to "What are the differences between a Bighorn and a Landmark".

The tanks heaters are an option for the Landmarks too, We just never knew where we would be staying since the job dictates where we go, so we had to be prepared to stay in very cool and very hot climates.

2010augusta

Thanks Jim, that answers most of the questions. I hope out grey 1 tank is okay, as the valve was froze OPEN when we tried using the heaters. I will have to take a look at the fresh water drain and suction line later when it is warmer and dryer.

sputnick10

First Time Fulltimers
I see a circuit breaker labeled "Tank Heaters" on our 110v panel too... but there is no switch anywhere that I can find to turn them on... so not sure if I have them... We took ours of the lot and did not order, so I am just not sure...

porthole

Retired
I would think with tank heaters and automatic thermostats and a decent amount of water or effluent in the tanks, it will go a long way towards helping to keep that area of the trailer from freezing. Might even make the floors just a little warmer.

With that thought, tank heaters are on my list of potential upgrades this year.