Lippert Sewer Management System

Yianni

This is a new system I saw being put on the new Keystone Fuzion toy haulers as an option.
Has anyone seen one in person and am wondering what exactly they do. Is there a hose stowed so when you swing out the boom it pulls out? If you still have to attach a sewer hose to the end I don't really see the benefit.
They are on Lippert's site for $147.00.

Lippert sewer management system http://www.lci1.com/LIP/0127.pdf

jnbhobe

At the missouri rally in Branson there was a Excel rally just before the Heartland rally. A lot of the units had a system similar to the LCI system. There is a 15' hose stored in the swing out pipe with support pieces that slide out with the hose. :cool: :cool: :cool:

caissiel

I had a similar system that came standard on the Glendale trailers. Its was discontinued because the unit became a cleanlinees problem for users. The hose inside was light duty and would bust and before you realized the complete unit was a mess. I have the unit behind the garage, used it 3 years before I removed it from my previous unit.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
A friend has it on his Excel and is going to remove it. Too much fuss and bother and not all that convenient

nemo45

The new Montana's have them and I think the 2010 Big Horn will too. I also had a friend with an Excel that took his off. But I think I'd like it.

Delaine and Lindy

Sewer Boom ...

We considered the Sewer Boom option on our 2010 but decided it was just to much hanging outside the frame rail, could be knock off very easy. Keystone has had this option for sometime. I just use the old school system. I have two storage tubes mounted under the 5er and two Blue line support system and have two 10' blue line hoses in each tube in most RV parks I only use one. I will say the Sewer Boom system is faster to set up. The only place we have ever had to have more that twenty feet of sewer hose was at Goshen Ind. site #417 there as those who attended the Rally this past summer already know this. Just another choice or is it a want or need or both? GBY....

jbeletti

...The only place we have ever had to have more that twenty feet of sewer hose was at Goshen Ind. site #417 there as those who attended the Rally this past summer already know this...

Ah - the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds. 419 right next door - just as long. But you know what. you haven't truly been frustrated until you've stayed on site 432 a couple of times. Same setup with all hookups to the rear but on this site, they're on the door side :eek: Yep, you have to drag your water, sewer and power "under the RV" to the other side to connect.

Jim

2010augusta

Ah - the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds. 419 right next door - just as long. But you know what. you haven't truly been frustrated until you've stayed on site 432 a couple of times. Same setup with all hookups to the rear but on this site, they're on the door side :eek: Yep, you have to drag your water, sewer and power "under the RV" to the other side to connect.

Jim

Naw, just pull in, then is all on the correct side.:D

jbeletti

I'd like to get more feedback on this thread that Yianni created in mid-December.

Specifically, I am looking to hear from those who have experience using the Lippert Rotating Sewer Boom or has spoken to those who are using it.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you keep your sewer hose connected to the discharge port on your RV when you are not dumping?
  2. Do you store your sewer hose in the sewer boom when you are not dumping?
  3. What brand and length of sewer hose do you use with the sewer boom?
  4. Did you add a Flush King gate valve between your RV sewer discharge port and your sewer hose?
  5. Did you add a clear coupler to any point of the sewer system and if yes, where?
  6. What are your overall impressions of the product?
  7. Would you recommend it?

ChopperBill

I thought it was a pretty neat deal. Could store several feet of sewer hose in it and not have the hassle of storing it. But, I use a Flo-Jet waste pump so I had to rig up a sewer hose with the male end to hook the the pump. Then I tried to put my gate valve on between the trailer pipe and the home made flexible sewer pipe. Looked like a Python wrestling match under the trailer when I was done. Have a brand new Management system sitting in the garage and I am trying to figure out a use for it. Maybe if I get back to conventional sewer dumping I will put it back on. Still think its a fairly neat deal.

Wharton

We haven't been out with our new 3670 yet but the sewer boom is very inconvenient for those of us who use a macerator. Also, the boom doesn't store enough hose so you still need to store additional hose. We are now in the process of installing an additional waste valve since liquid seems to accumulate in the boom(though everything is closed) and also as a safety when/if the other valves fail(seems to be a common thread). DW insisted on the extra valve and I have to admit she was right(first had to get wet with liquid form the boom-at least it was just water).

I just used the sewer boom on our new 2011 BH3670RL on Monday. After reading all the comments before using it I was really concerned it was a useful addition. I installed a section of carry over drain from the Jayco (length & manufacture ?) and using the plug for that drain hose I had. It all fit neatly into the medal tube. My only concern with what I saw the sag in the soft tube section of the system by where you connect to the rig. After the normal procedure for the black water tank w/flush then the grey water I raised up the sagging section of the soft section to clear whatever was in it while flushing with the campground water hose at the dump station. The return flow appear clear so I capped the hose as I stuffed it back in the medal tube. Looking at it, it does appear to hang too low but it needs to be due to the location of the hard plastic on the rig. I was going to use the clear elbow but used the standard elbow to the dump station port. I would still continue to use rubber disposable gloves!

Wharton

We have decided to put a piece of PVC pipe under the trailer to hold our extra sewer hoses and other "dirty" stuff. Really miss the storage bumper.

Willym

Here's a late response to Jim's questions on the boom (answered below in upper case text). We changed campgrounds countless times on our Alaska trip the last couple of months, so we, or rather I, got to use the boom a lot. I wasn't too keen on it initially, but got to like it after a while. I liked the fact that I did not have to hook it up and unhook it from the trailer fitting each time. After dumping, I just removed the discharge elbow and pushed the hose back into the tube with the end cap. The plastic cord that keeps the end cap close by has broken already of course, as it does on regular set ups. The only thing I don't like is the fact that you can't readily install a clear elbow before the hose. I like to see how the discharge is going, and how the black tank flush is proceeding. My fix for this will be to get a clear elbow that goes into the campground sewer receptacle. I've seen them in CW I think.
I also installed another sewer hose holder under the rig to store extra lengths. I keep the fittings in a net bag inside one of my propane tank compartments.

I'd like to get more feedback on this thread that Yianni created in mid-December.

Specifically, I am looking to hear from those who have experience using the Lippert Rotating Sewer Boom or has spoken to those who are using it.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you keep your sewer hose connected to the discharge port on your RV when you are not dumping? YES
  2. Do you store your sewer hose in the sewer boom when you are not dumping? YES
  3. What brand and length of sewer hose do you use with the sewer boom? VALTERRA, ABOUT 12 FT.
  4. Did you add a Flush King gate valve between your RV sewer discharge port and your sewer hose? NO
  5. Did you add a clear coupler to any point of the sewer system and if yes, where? NO, NOT YET.
  6. What are your overall impressions of the product? AN IMPROVEMENT ON THE STANDARD ARRGT.
  7. Would you recommend it? YES.

Wharton

i'd like to get more feedback on this thread that yianni created in mid-december.

Specifically, i am looking to hear from those who have experience using the lippert rotating sewer boom or has spoken to those who are using it.

Here are my questions:

1. do you keep your sewer hose connected to the discharge port on your rv when you are not dumping? Some of them
  2. do you store your sewer hose in the sewer boom when you are not dumping? Only the connected one
  3. what brand and length of sewer hose do you use with the sewer boom? Rhinopflex, total length of 25'-30'
  4. did you add a flush king gate valve between your rv sewer discharge port and your sewer hose? Not flush king, but did add gate valve
  5. did you add a clear coupler to any point of the sewer system and if yes, where? No, am considering it
  6. what are your overall impressions of the product? Did not like, better with extra gate valve, jury is still out but probably negative
    would really like a storage bumper for hoses and a better design to hold a bike rack, also a 2" receiver hitch for rack, could not use hitch haul bike rack, had to buy a new one and modify it to fit
  7. would you recommend it?

answers to your past note

Wharton

Here are my questions:

1. Do you keep your sewer hose connected to the discharge port on your RV when you are not dumping? YES, SOME OF IT
  2. Do you store your sewer hose in the sewer boom when you are not dumping? YES SOME OF IT
  3. What brand and length of sewer hose do you use with the sewer boom? RHINOFLEX, TOTAL LENGTH OF 25'-30'+MACERATOR
  4. Did you add a Flush King gate valve between your RV sewer discharge port and your sewer hose? NOT FLUSH KING, BUT A GATE VALVE
  5. Did you add a clear coupler to any point of the sewer system and if yes, where? NOT YET, THINKING ABOUT IT
  6. What are your overall impressions of the product? GOOD IDEA BUT NOT FEASIBLE
  7. Would you recommend it? NO
A gate valve is needed and should come with the trailer.
Not enough storage for our hoses, need a bumper back for excess(big enough for rhinoflex).
We use a macerator frequently for really long runs, this system makes it extremely difficult. Will probably end up removing the system.

Would like Heartland to put back the storage bumper and give us a good receiver hitch(2") for our bike racks. Very difficult to find a 2" receiver hitch that bolts on(all our bike racks are 2") and due to the curve of the trailer and where the bike rack had to be mounted we couldn't use our Hitch Haul bike rack. Just a very poor design and many people carry bikes.

PSF513

My responses are:

1. Do you keep your sewer hose connected to the discharge port on your RV when you are not dumping? YES
  2. Do you store your sewer hose in the sewer boom when you are not dumping? YES
  3. What brand and length of sewer hose do you use with the sewer boom? RHINOFLEX Only 10' fits in boom
  4. Did you add a Flush King gate valve between your RV sewer discharge port and your sewer hose? NO
  5. Did you add a clear coupler to any point of the sewer system and if yes, where? NO
  6. What are your overall impressions of the product? The sewer boom is OK but the biggest issues I have had center around the ribbed sewer hose inside the ribbed coupling tube. They just don't slide well and it is difficult to pull it out and return the hose when packing up
  7. Would you recommend it? PROBABLY NOT

TedS

We just replaced our 5er with a new BigHorn and it has the sewer management system. I'm not sure about it yet, I need to use it a few more times. What I did learn is when I capped the stowed hose here at 7500 feet elevation, the hose at near sea level was pushed way back into the stow tube. It was a challenge to pull the hose out and remove the cap to equalize the pressure. The 2 or so psi change in atmospheric pressure puts about a 15 pound force on the 3" sewer cap and hose. Like pulling the weight of a bowling ball out of the stow tube. I may have to drill a vent hole in the hose cap if I continue using the cap.