Merry Christmas (little Long)

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Last night we had our Church wide Christmas party at our Church.We always have a lot of people attend and everyone brings their favorite dish.I think everyone brought all my favorite dishes.Especially those candied sweet potatoes.GOOOOOOOOd!There are alot of hurting people in our community this year due to lay offs and short time.Mostly furniture factories in our area.So our Church decided to help some folks that where not going to be able to afford to give their children gifts for Christmas.Some we helped through social services(and we really don't know who these folks are because of the privacy laws)and some folks we knew from the community that needed help and they were invited to our party.We just want to help meet any physical or spiritual need that people might have.What a good time we had.Usually at our Church events and especially at our lunches and dinners we have a good crowd show up. For the last few years I have had the pleasure of putting on my Santa suit and playing the big guy at our Christmas party.What a Blessing it is.There is just something about seeing the excitment and smile on a childs face when Santa walks in or when they are sitting on Santa's lap.I guess that is why I enjoy doing it so much.I know that I am not as good as the real Santa,(KLindgren) but I am working on it.Most of the kids had to set on Santa's lap and a couple of adults.Our Pastor and one of our Deacons had to get in on the act,both at the same time. Like I said we had a wonderful time.Some of the children know that it is me,but that doesn't matter.they still want to talk to Santa.I really,really enjoy doing it. Well,Renee and I want to wish everyone on the forum a very Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy New Year.To those of you we have met it is good to call you our friends and to those of you that we have not met we are looking forward to meeting you in the near future.Just a reminder to Santa.A few weeks ago Santa(KLindgren)promised me a Level Up system for Christmas if I would leave him a pecan and a coconut pie on the fireplace on Christmas Eve.Well Santa I am going this week to order those pies.:D:DAgain Merry Christmas to all. Terry and Renee

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Very nice Terry. I sincerely hope you and Renee have a good CHRISTmas.

Btw, I am sure you play a great Santa, Keith just has a head start-he doesnt need a pillow for his belly.:D

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
If I don't slow down on my eating a little,I won't need any padding next year.All these rallies and holidays and stuff make it hard for a fella to keep his school boy figure.

jbeletti

Well, it's a little early but Terry started this here Christmas thread. Merry Christmas to all forum members and a Happy New Year as well.

I have to add that I have been truly blessed, this year again - and in many ways. Not the least of which it to be able to remain here, at Heartland and on this forum, as well as the club. I've made many new friends this year as I varied my travel schedule and I hope to make a couple hundred more personal contacts in 2010.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Jim Beletti

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Great Work Santa! There is really nothing like making others happy that reflects on the true spirit of Christmas. We've been lucky enough to be involved in a really great event here, that sent a package to every enlisted person in a 10 county area. Just finished the Chamber of Commerce adopt a child christmas party and wrapped presents for a family our small group adopted this year.
Making a positive difference is what the spirit is all about. We've also been very blessed this year. Some trying times, but that makes every positive thing all the sweeter.
Merry Christmas to all and a joyous holiday season to each and every one of you.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Outstanding job Terry! I'm sure Santa is proud of you. Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy New Year. May God smile on you and your family. See ya next spring.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Merry CHRISTmas Terry and Renee, and also to all in the Heartland family. Dorothy and I are looking forward to the next year filled with rally's and the chance to be with 'old' friends and the opportunity to meet 'new' ones.
(Hey Santa, my chimney has been cleaned, and I really would like that tire monitoring system;).)

SmokeyBare

Merry Christmas Terry & Renee and to all our extended Heartland Family !!

I can hardly believe it's been this many already... This will be our th Christmas in our BigHorn !!! We had a great year... Thank You Heartland for making it possible !!!

Have a great Christmas everyone... Pray for Peace... Prayers for all our Soldiers to come home to their Loved ones...