It's here our Cyclone 3850

smday

Our new trailer had arrived at the dealer on Dec 3 and i can't wait to pick it up. We have chosen to do the 2600 km trip (one way) so we can do the PDI, plus we are also taking it to Mor-Ryde for the idpendendant suspension, Disc Brakes and Pin Box. Plus we want to make sure everything is good before we take delivery of it anyway. I wanted to leave this weekend to go get it and be there for Monday, but work has put a damper on those plans. Our project has been delayed a bit do to some extra water damage that the previous owners did not disclose.:(:mad:. Now that xmas is here, we are now going to have to wait till Jan before we can pick it up. The dealer has sent us some picture's:D which shows our new cabinets we custom ordered. We got rid of the theatre seats and mini fridge and had the cabinets installed instead. The wife wanted more storage space. So we are now drooling and really can't wait till this -30 C (-24 F) weather goes away.

Attachments

• PC035008.JPG
    PC035008.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 119
  • PC035009.JPG
    PC035009.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 121
  • PC035010.JPG
    PC035010.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 132
  • PC035011.JPG
    PC035011.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 131
  • PC035016.JPG
    PC035016.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 130
  • PC035035.JPG
    PC035035.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 130
  • PC035041.JPG
    PC035041.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 124

Manke3010

Looks really nice, congrats.
I'm jealous of those outside front storage compartment latches. Got some beef to them!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Boy you must be excited. Good thing the holidays will keep you busy. I couldnt wait that long. But then again, I couldnt use it until Spring anyways. I love the changes you made.

kkflstf

Smday,
You will be pleased, we arrived in AR. and checked our new 2011 3850 out today. It has all options + a few extras excluding ft graphics. Many signifacant improvments over our 08 3795 (trade in). I'm very impressed (and hard to please) with the quality workmanship, etc. at the price point. Looking forward to moving in tomorrow and checking for bugs before returnig home. Have fun!!

smday

Well we have now booked to pick up the trailer Jan 11, 2010. Hopefully there won't be any other delays before we make the trip. One thing that does bother me now is that the dealer wants us to pay for the trailer before their year end on the 31st. I told him i was busy at work and i would discuss it with the wife when i get home. Who has made a big purchase like this before and paid for it without seeing it except for a few pictures. Pictures show some things but actually being in the trailer doing the PDI and getting everything fixed before we hand them the check is more like it.

Manke3010

Absolutely no way would I pay for it before delivery day.

x2
Heck, I'd prefer not to pay until AFTER my first full weekend of camping.
Of course that's not gonna happen, but you will have extremely ill-attentive employees trying to push you through the PDI if they already have your check and spent it over NYE partying on your dollar.
If they want the $ on their books for 2009, then tell them to sweeten the pot! Haha...suppose for an add'l 5k off the price I'd pay before PDI ;)

geeksrus

IMHO:

It is reasonable for the dealer requesting payment this year. He would like to close his 'books' balancing the revenue against the incurred cost in the same accounting period.

Especially so when the original delivery/settlement date was intended as December.

Eh!

porthole

Retired
IMHO:

It is reasonable for the dealer requesting payment this year. He would like to close his 'books' balancing the revenue against the incurred cost in the same accounting period.

Especially so when the original delivery/settlement date was intended as December.

Eh!

IMO it is not reasonable. I worked for new car dealers for almost 20 years and the only reason to get the money now is to make this month look good because there may not be a next month.

That has been the mindset for as long as I can remember.

truknutt

Committed Member
I wouldn't do it. I only drove 110 miles (roughly 177 km) to find out my delivered Cyclone was missing its rear entry door! You are looking at 2600 km. On top of that you had custom work done.

Wait for it...wait for it...! :D

alkyspeed

No Way !!!!!! The expected delivery date was December 1.
Not your fault or problem that it did not happen within scheduled time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We paid cash for ours before the PDI. Never again...Once they have the money you are at their mercy. If you are paying cash then do it after the PDI and the things found during the PDI are fixed. Maybe you can make a deal to pay half before PDI and the balance upon delivery. If they really are serious about selling that unit they will meet your terms MHO

PS they can always backdate the paperwork if you are willing.

caissiel

We also had a PDI problem with the dealer we bought ours, they had our money and I was to get the stock unit in 3 weeks, I contacted everyone that I could including HL and finaly the manager called me in for the next day. I was not impressed with the PDI but I did my own checks, worked out ok. Great trailer.

smday

Thanks for the input everyone. When i talked to them yesterday he told me the reason is that when they buy from HL they get 30 days grace period without having to pay them. After the 30 days they begin to pay interest on that amount. So for them not to pay the interest they want to get paid so they can turn around and pay HL before the grace period is up. I guess its like a big HL Credit Card. But i for one don't like paying for something i haven't been in. I will let you know how it all turns out. So if everything goes good from now we have 25 days left till we pick it up. Xmas again in January and an early B-day present for Me which is on the 18th.