Faithful Companion Crosses Rainbow Bridge

SilverRhino

This morning my oldest Beagle who had been a faithful companion for 15 years......had to be put down. I new when I saw her this morning, that her time had come.......to keep her around any longer would only be for me......not for her.

"Abby" will be greatly missed.......but I know she is in a better place!

My 16 month old Grandson went with me to the Veterinarians office.....as we sat in the room waiting....he gently stroked "Abbies" back. As the Veterinarian was administering the euthanasia medication...."Abby" laid down......I told Cooper that she was going to sleep....he looked at her and said "Nigh Nigh" and then hugged my leg. That small child.....was such a comfort and source of strength.

"Abby".....I know you are running through green fields and forests, chasing rabbits like the old days.......We shall meet again!

2010augusta

sorry for your loss, it is very hard to lose a pet because they are a member of the family. Our Corgis are our kids. reading your post actually made my eyes tear up. Remember the good times and know she is in a better place now.

cjbearden

Visitor
Randy and Mary, our sincere sympathies for the loss of Abby. Having lost one cat last year, we understand the loss of a loving companion. When it is our Lady Kitty's time, J.D. and I will be devastated. God Bless. C.J.

Taz Devil

Sorry for your loss. I too feel your pain and had tears in my eyes, because a few years back we had to do the same with our beloved companion. Who knows maybe they will meet and both chase some rabbits together.

CrazyScotsman

Randy & Mary... Sorry to hear about your loss, we went through the same thing last year with our 15 yr old Corgi, poor old girl had cancer so bad , that surgery wouldn't have helped, then last week we had our 20 yr old cat put down.
They are so dearly missed.

Delaine and Lindy

Randy we feel your pain, we experienced the same thing last week, our Grand Furr kid Abby crossed thea rainbow bridge also. Our Son had to let his Abby (Black lab) after 15 years of faithful companionship. Out Son couldn't ever tell us or talk to us the first day. Just a text message. Our Son Chris and his Abby were always together for over 10 years Abby went to work with Chris. The shelters are full in most places and the furr kids make a wonder Christmas present. GBY......

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Randy and Mary, I can only ditto what everyone else has said. We also have a 15 year mini snauzer, she is blind and has bad hips. As I was reading your post I was thinking of Pepper and when her day comes. Very sad.

Hard to loose a loving member of the family. Our condolences to both of you.But what a great grandson you have. I am glad he was there to support you.

Paul & Nan

Randy and Mary-my heart is sad for you, having put a couple of pets to sleep Paul and I know how your heart aches. I know the Rainbow Bridge is a happy place having a new member, who will be waiting for you. Hugs Nan

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It never gets any easier to make that last trip with them. Funny, how when the day comes they let you know just by a look that's it's time. One last curl up in your lap and then we go.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Randy & Mary
Our sympathy goes out to you. We had to put our 13yr old german shepherd down November a year ago. It is one of the most difficult things for us to do. We shed our tears with you. We now have a new companion, Trevor, a 3yr old Yorkie who has brightened our days.

God Bless
BC

Rrloren

Randy and Mary we also feel your pain. We had to put down our Himilayan cat Katiya this past Feb. after 20 yrs. I've said to friends that we spent more time with her than we did with our kids. She made many trips with us. Your post brought back a sad day.
We just got two Maine Coon cats a couple months ago and will be traveling with them soon. Perhaps you will find another and enjoy them again.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I sometimes think losing a pet is harder than losing family. Please know our thoughts and heartfelt sympathy are out to you and your family. Abby will always be in your hearts.

4ever

Randy & Mary I am very sorry to hear about your Abby. It is always one of the most difficult things to do. We have lost many of our pets (Babbie's) over the years. Someday we will be together with them again.

Ted

SilverRhino

Thank You

Thanks to all for the kind words of encourgement.........We know that "Abby" is in a better place. Our two young Beagles stopped......before they ate this aftenoon.......to look for her......third dish was still there, but empty.

Thank you again for all your kind words and thoughts.

Randy & Mary

wyleyrabbit

So sorry to hear of your loss. We've been there, and it hurts. We'll be there again.

Once the grieving has subsided, get another! We did, and never looked back.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So sorry. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but it does remind me of a day almost a year ago and another about 6 mos ago we we had to put two of our 4 footed family members on the rainbow bridge. Doing it never gets easier and I shed a tear with you now.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Randy and Mary,we are very sorry to hear about your loss.We lost our Golden Lab,Sampson,back in the summer.It was and still is very hard to to be without him.He was always there to meet me when I came home in the evenings.So excited to see me.Loved to ride in the back of my truck,golf car,it didn"t matter.We will be thinking about you.

Northern Virginia
Randy and Mary,
My eyes welled up when I read your post.
I lost my first GSD 4 years ago and I still think about her everyday.
With her last breath, I told her I will see her again one day.

John