Laundry Chute

Gaffer

Does the laundry shute in the BH3055 open to the basement? All the walls top-side seem to be solid.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
As a confirmation, the laundry chute in the 3055RL is an enclosed box in the floor that does not enter the basement.

Gaffer

Thanks

I was just wondering. I read on a post the other day where people were having trouble with the front door locks and were able to access their rig via the lanudry shute. Must be different on some models.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Gaffer,

Not only is the laundry not open to the basement, it is located behind the basement wall and not visible from the open compartment. Hope this helps.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our Sundance has access to the front compartment and vice versa via the laundry chute. Grandson loves it! I could never fit thru it!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our Sundance has access to the front compartment and vice versa via the laundry chute. Grandson loves it! I could never fit thru it!

Seems to me like a good entry point for a burglar but then I look at things from a cop point of view.:)

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
So duh, why do they call it a laundry chute, when it's the best place to store your booze and water and doesn't drop to the basement like a laundry chute should? It would be nice to have a laundry basket waiting for those dirty clothes and not smelling up your rig. LOL

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
We use our "laundry chute" for booze/water/central vac equip, etc. Unfortunately, Dale needed to reinforce the bottom of the "chute" as it was falling out....great place for anything but dirty laundry! :angel:

2010augusta

Ours holds 20 pounds of dog chow and the central vac stuff, booze are in the chest freezer, ya have to have cold tequila to make good margaritas:p.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Wow.. Intresting thread..

We use the laundary bin (it is not a shute :p) as it was intended, to keep our dirty clothing. Infact I like it the way it is. I had a SOB that had a "Laundry Shute" that actually went into the basement. I closed it off. It let cold air into the living area. You had to keep a space open for a basket or such in the basement, then move everything around to get it out. I like the one in my Bighorn.

I do not put a basket in the bin because it is difficult to pull out, limits the amount of clothes, Paper towels, toilet paper and such I can put in there.

What I want to do is put a strut on it to hold it open when I put stuff in it and take some out.

So in my poor humble opinion.. Thanks Heartland and don't change it...:rolleyes:

BC

P.S. My clothes don't stink either.. If you don't wear them for more than a week it will cut the odor down... :D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We keep laundry bags in the closet for the dirty clothes. The laundry bin is where we keep the vacuum cleaner hose and fittings, along with some other small items we use a lot.

2010augusta

A fix for the lid

Bob and others,

Here is a simple fix for the lid to the bin.
DSCN1706%20%28Small%29.JPG

wyleyrabbit

I remember seeing a few trailers back when we were shopping that had laundry chutes that went into the basement. My concern would be that people could then have easy access to the inside of the trailer, given that every manufacturer uses the same "751" key. What is up with that anyways? Car manufacturers don't all use the same key on the trunks.