Refrig Door Lock

Has anyone wired the auto refrig door lock? Looking for easy way to run wires to 7 way truck hookup.

Thanks

Corky Howell
2009 3670 Bighorn
2005 3500 Dodge Diesel

2010augusta

I'm lost on this one. Can we have more details on the product you are trying to use?

as a generic solution, once the wires are either to the back side of the refrigerator or under it, just follow the other wires or ice-maker supply line into the basement, then along the basement ceiling to the front compartment and on to the power cord.

ralphpam

Haven't tried to do it, but understand there is a way to wire the refer so that it will lock automatically when you hookup and start your truck.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Not my refer. Its a simple plastic latching mechanism. Probably the same as yours. Sure somebody isn't pullling your leg?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The door locks automatically when you shut it. To open the door you have to push down on the latch.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Hello Corky,
The unit that you are talking about is the same as my fridge, our fridge was made to go into a motorhome rig, and it is designed to lock automaticly (if you have not manually locked the doors) so that when you either start your rig or put it in gear, I too have considered to make mine operate that way but like you once I looked at what it took we decided to just slide the lock in place, but it sure would make you feel good to know that you don't have to second guess (did we lock the door) when going down the road, sorry I did not have the answere you wanted but I did not want others to think your leg was being pulled! But if I decide on going further on it I will let you know or if you do please let me know!
Good luck,
Mike

branson4020

Icantre Member
OK, I realize now that you're talking about a different model refer than the 9 cu ft Dometic in my BH 3385. Never heard of such a feature before but I wish I had it. In a previous rig, we did experience the refer door flying open while traveling. My dogs still remember it fondly as "the day it rained eggs."

wyleyrabbit

I'm not sure I completely understand. Are you saying that if the door opens when you're driving then you want some sort of alarm or something to go off so you can pull over and close the door?

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
I'm not sure I completely understand. Are you saying that if the door opens when you're driving then you want some sort of alarm or something to go off so you can pull over and close the door?

The feature comes with some units that are installed in motor coaches
when you are set up for camping, you will use the fridge, in the usual manner, and when you are ready to leave we usually will lock the fridge and start off, but with this feature if you were to forget to lock the fridge the auto lock will lock it for you once you either start the coach, or put it in gear can't remember which. But when the fridges. were put into our coaches they decided not to hook the feature up and so there it is a nice feature that is not hooked up :rolleyes:. Oh well another project :eek:.....