verizon provides free wifi network access to evdo customers

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
Verizon just announced that they will provide free wifi network access to its EVDO/mobile broadband customers, and that usage over wifi network would not count against the 5gb allowance for cellular network.

in my opinion, this will make verizon even more popular for the RV community.

read more in the press release at: http://j.mp/vzwwifi

vangoes

sounds like a deal to me...Verizon is really putting the pressure on ATT
I'm waiting for any one of the big three to go back to the unlimited usage plan............until that time it will be the bricks and sticks DSL and the campgrounds WIFI's.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Actually you have to use the access a lot to get to 5 Gig. I have uploaded a lot of photos to Photo Bucket and have not made it to the 5 gig limit.. Of course my Sprint is unlimited...

I am going to download the new AZAccess Manager. I am now using Ver 6.9.8.

BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I'm waiting for any one of the big three to go back to the unlimited usage plan............until that time it will be the bricks and sticks DSL and the campgrounds WIFI's.

That's why we've never changed our plan...we're still "grandfathered" into an unlimited usage plan...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Alex
I looked over the site and I have a question.
Using the newer version of AZAccess manager all I need to do is launch it and it will connect to the network.

I guess if we are at some location and we launch AZAccess we can see if there is an available WiFi... ??

BC