Just another clean up tid-bit

ChopperBill

Hope no one is getting tired of my posts but thought I would throw this out to anyone that is going to clean up the bay area of theirs. While I was working on the electric side trying to figure out where the "problems" were in my central vac side. There is another post on that. I found that the Converter and central vac plug in boxes and receptacle's have failure written all over them. About the cheapest receptacle's you could use. Push in wire slots that I have never been a fan of anyway. I plan on going back in with better boxes and receptacle's or just one and double them up and mark them CORRECTLY. They both have about 3 feet more wire than is need to reach. Will shorten that up while on my mission. Like I said if you are getting tired of all my ramblings let me know and I will zip it up. :D

sislv

Tom & Sharol
You're doing fine....

None Not at all Bill. I and I'm sure many others appreciate your input and comments. I had been into the vacuum/converter area and saw the mess. I hadn't fully checked out the outlets so I sure will do the same on replacing them. Heading out for our initial outing for about 11 days. Not going too far, about a 400 mile loop through the U.P. of Michigan. Wish us luck....

nhunter

I have a question as to the mounting of your central vac. Is it inside on the service bay or just in the pass through? mine is mounted in the pass through and I don't see a problem with venting and the likes. Mine was also a dealer add on and not factory installed.

ChopperBill

Mine is a factory Eureka. It is mounted inside the electric bay the "lid" and the outside vacuum inlet are mounted into the partition wall that you remove to get in. Did a pretty good job of lining things up or it would be tough to remove partition. After a second look there is a gap at the top of the partition and think that I could run an exhaust hose through it with out cutting additional holes.

nhunter

They put a Dirt Devil in mine and that little sucker really sucks.:D Thanks for clearing that up.

nhunter

They put a Dirt Devil in mine and that little sucker really sucks.:D Thanks for clearing that up. While were at it does the service bay cover still just screw into a little chunk of wood on the outside (maybe a piece of left over trim about 1"x1") or did they figure something else out.

ChopperBill

My service bay doors actually fit so snug that the really don't need any screws to hold them in. On the docking station side I just left them out. Put the door snug to the top and push the bottom in. It WILL stay put. On the electric side there is a piece of "trim" that has 3 screws to hold the panel in place. It really isn't need either. The panel door fits really good with out any screws. Good thing, as I am in and out of there more than the entrance door. ;)