Advice on Sarasota/Bradenton FL campgrounds

Dean

Hello,
We have changed our plans from visiting Savanah, GA in January to going to the Sarasota/Bradenton FL area. I'm looking for any advice on a good place to camp. We are not over 55 and we do have 2 dogs and 2 daughters (ages 12 and 16). We'll be staying for 10 days or so around the middle of January. I've checked online and it seems that there is someone to complain about everyplace (even the expensive places).
Please Help!:confused:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When in Sarasota Fl be sure to visit the Ringling Bros Circus Museum. It is very good, enjoyable and educational.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Hello Dean,
I can't give you information about Sarasota Fl. we just travel through there on our way to Key West Florida, but we have stayed at a very nice gated rv park in Florida City, if you need more info. let me know and I can get you more info.
Mike

SmokeyBare

Kevin,

That goes for most parks in Florida after Christmas. The benifit of a State Park... is their limit of 14 days stay. Many Snowbirds would not want to move that often. With out question... it would be wise to make plans and call ahead.

Desoto does post this on their web site...

Fort De Soto Park does not reserve 100% of its
sites. A number of sites are available for walk up
customers only. These sites cannot be reserved in
advance and must be paid for the day you arrive.

If the OP is even following this link... I would call ahead and talk to the staff at the park... asking for any assistance of getting a chance for a site.

Marv