Getting close to the 100,000 mark

2010augusta

I was looking on the portal and noticed that there were 99,177 posts on this forum, so in a few more days it should hit the 100,000 mark. Who will be the lucky poster?? is there going to be a prize?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I was looking on the portal and noticed that there were 99,177 posts on this forum, so in a few more days it should hit the 100,000 mark. Who will be the lucky poster?? is there going to be a prize?

Still haven't received my prize for guessing the license plate:(. (Just kidding Alan:))

CrazyScotsman

Yep I think Aan will probably get the 100,000 post, seams like eve3ry time I sign in, he's here. Must be nice to be a man of leasure. :)

2010augusta

Yep I think Aan will probably get the 100,000 post, seams like eve3ry time I sign in, he's here. Must be nice to be a man of leasure. :)

Hey now, my laptop stays connected and logged on unless I sign off, but yes it is nice to be a man of leasure, but that should hopefully be coming to an end, just got my Washington state subsitute teaching permit yesterday, so soon I hope to be earning money and getting closer to becoming a full-fledged teacher again by next school year.

jbeletti

99,863 and counting

We will hit 100,000 posts sometime tomorrow evening - unless tomorrow day is especially chatty :)

When this link is valid, it will be the 100,000th post.

Technically, it will be the 102,070th post but apparently, in 5 years time, 2,070 posts have been deleted. Deleted by users or by moderators. Any spammer that's managed to get a post or 2 through is counted toward the 2,070.

Jim

caissiel

Mmm nothing doing tomorrow, maybe I could give it a try or 2. Never know its great to be retired and looking outside and the snow is is covering the ground and nothing to do.
Oh I have to say it, that I was in Florida 2 weeks ago and Got an infection that felt like a flue, so I went to see the DR in Fort Pierce and he told me I needed to go to the Hospital. Well I got up the next day not feeling better we jumped in the Matrix and drove back to Canada, 38 hrs drive, and landed in the hospital here in NB, Canada. The Dr's tested me for a whole night and they determined I was ok just a bladdder infection that boosted my Diebete counts so he send me home with pills that I will have to take till tomorrow. I left Florida it was in the 80's and now its closer to -20. I have a diebete condition that I was afraid the insurances would not cover. Here I was treated with $1.00 cost for medication. Great to be Canadian.

CrazyScotsman

Here I was treated with $1.00 cost for medication. Great to be Canadian.[/QUOTE]

That is the very reason I have never given up my British citizenship. I can still go home and be treated.:D

Glad it was nothing serious.:)

boatdoc

Hey now, my laptop stays connected and logged on unless I sign off, but yes it is nice to be a man of leasure, but that should hopefully be coming to an end, just got my Washington state subsitute teaching permit yesterday, so soon I hope to be earning money and getting closer to becoming a full-fledged teacher again by next school year.

I have been asking myself since Alan first joined, How does a youngster do it? That young with a 450, a Landmark and all the travels. I don't know how you do it Alan but good for you and the wife. I wish I would have had the b%@^'s to do it when we were younger but we're getting close now at 54/52.
boatdoc

2010augusta

Don,t do it.

Too late I have already taught high school for for three great years at an alternative high school in Colorado, and then I taught middle school for three awful months, I am hopeing to get back into another alternative school. Not too many 20 something teachers that have a degree in mechanical engineering and a masters degree in education and can teach all math and science classes, but it was fun.

2010augusta

I have been asking myself since Alan first joined, How does a youngster do it? That young with a 450, a Landmark and all the travels. I don't know how you do it Alan but good for you and the wife. I wish I would have had the b%@^'s to do it when we were younger but we're getting close now at 54/52.
boatdoc

Yep we are very very lucky, and the wife's travel nurse job has allowed it all to happen. We both wanted to get out and travel and see many areas while we are young and then decide where we want to settle down. We still haven't figured that out, but we are liking WA a whole lot more than TX. Texas was nice in winter but we cannot take another summer in that kind of heat.

jimtoo

but we are liking WA a whole lot more than TX. Texas was nice in winter but we cannot take another summer in that kind of heat.

Name any other state where you can visit the desert, the mountains, beautiful beaches, piney forest, swamps with all kinds of wild things and ultra big city life, meet and visit with the best people in the world and still stay in the same state. NO WHERE ELSE BUT TEXAS. Come on back to Texas and enjoy a great state. You can get used to the heat and humidity with a little time.

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

Name any other state where you can visit the desert, the mountains, beautiful beaches, piney forest, swamps with all kinds of wild things and ultra big city life, meet and visit with the best people in the world and still stay in the same state. NO WHERE ELSE BUT TEXAS. Come on back to Texas and enjoy a great state. You can get used to the heat and humidity with a little time.

Jim M

Jim:

You can get all of that in Michigan plus SNOW! That is why I like Texas. There is no snow.