Campgrounds in Virginia Beach

I am going to Virginia Beach this summer and wanted to know where you would recommend I stay. I want a site with 50 amp hookup and be able to handle a 40 ft, 5er. Thanks

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Grizzlander,

We really like Holiday Travel Park. It has good size sites (their "super" sites are paved and some of the best at being level and having every thing you need for your hook-ups close together, you'll ever find) and the folks are very friendly. Word of caution. They do fill up rather quickly so once you know your dates, make a reservation to ensure you have a spot.

Keith

PSF513

Keith is right. The campground is popular so please get your reservations in as soon as you can.

Northern Virginia
My favorite Virginia Beach campground is First Landing State Park. It is nestled in the sand dunes a couple hundred yards from the ocean.

John

beasleyrl

Holiday is our favorite. As these VB parks (KOA and Holiday) are not on the beach, a side benefit to Holiday is that they provide a lot about a block off the beach with free parking for their customers. Their super sites are great! They also have several pools vs one that is somewhat run down at KOA.