Bighorn clock

azbound

Has anyone had problems with the clock that came with their Bighorn? Where you able to find a clock that matches the mounting bracket that came with the original clock? If so where did you find it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
azbound, I'm sure you could call Heartland parts and get a new clock. But if the reason you are asking is because your clock does not keep time, you could do what I did. I went to Wal Mart and bought a cheap battery opperated clock. I took the clock hands off and removed the mechanism from it and swapped it out with the Bighorn clock mechanism. Easy fifteen minute job. I don't recall the price, but is was not much.

Peace
Dave

Peace
Dave

2010augusta

We got a door but no clock, unless you count the clock on the microwave. I mounted a satellite/atomic clock in the kitchen.

rick_debbie_gallant

DW is a clock freak. We have so many freaking clock in our s/b It takes me a whole day to change the time and batteries in them:eek:.

She only has about 7 in the BH. One in the center of the et slide, one in the center of the main slide, two on the desk, one between the et slide and the vertical cabinet, the microwave, and just two in the bedroom. If I tell her we should have gotten a clock she would be telling JB in a second. No one tell her. Just hope she dont read this.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
DW is a clock freak. We have so many freaking clock in our s/b It takes me a whole day to change the time and batteries in them:eek:.

She only has about 7 in the BH. One in the center of the et slide, one in the center of the main slide, two on the desk, one between the et slide and the vertical cabinet, the microwave, and just two in the bedroom. If I tell her we should have gotten a clock she would be telling JB in a second. No one tell her. Just hope she dont read this.

QUICK! Change the topic back to doors!:D:rolleyes:

jbeletti

My 2009 LM Pinehurst had a clock above the coat closet. My new LM Grand Canyon will not have a clock as the furnace cold air return is above the coat closet.

I don't think clocks come in all brands we make and even then, it can be floor plan specific, as in my examples above.

Jim

4ever

Now my unit did not come with a clock. Not near the door or near anything else. However as mentioned we do have a door, windows, Tv, running water, toilet and a whole bunch of neat things but no clock. Oh well when in the Rv I really don't care what time it is anyway.

Ted

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
WHAT CLOCK......we got no stinking clock. Patty spent 6 months shopping for a "stinking" clock with me in tow. I now hate the sight of wally world, joann's, k-mart, lowes, and home depot. But I will say that 4ever has all the other stuff we have. OH YEA, I did spent a hour on a step stool finding just the right (Patty's) spot over the closet. It had to be hung without drilling any holes.........HUH?? BTW guys, just lie to the DW about how you mounted stuff. Patty thinks everything is put on with velcro. HE HE HE...........little does she know. Name with held by request.

Last edited:

Jimmyt5

azbound, I'm sure you could call Heartland parts and get a new clock. But if the reason you are asking is because your clock does not keep time, you could do what I did. I went to Wal Mart and bought a cheap battery opperated clock. I took the clock hands off and removed the mechanism from it and swapped it out with the Bighorn clock mechanism. Easy fifteen minute job. I don't recall the price, but is was not much.

Peace
Dave

Peace
Dave

Did the same thing, they had some clocks in mark down for $2.00, what a deal.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are retired why do you need a clock? Time doesn't mean anything to a retiree. Why after all it's 5 o'clock somewhere. What day of the week is it anyway?:)

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
It's Saturday, day after tomorrow will be Sunday, then the day after Sunday is Saturday......

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Now my unit did not come with a clock. Not near the door or near anything else. However as mentioned we do have a door, windows, Tv, running water, toilet and a whole bunch of neat things but no clock. Oh well when in the Rv I really don't care what time it is anyway.

Ted

Toilets?????? Your got a toilet???

rick_debbie_gallant

It's Saturday, day after tomorrow will be Sunday, then the day after Sunday is Saturday......

Not sure I agree with that one. I always thought that every day was Saturday!!! You can buy beer everywhere, stay up as late as you want cause you don't have to go to work the next day, sleep in as long as you want, go fishing, golfing, what ever you want to do. Does that cover it?

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Well, Every day is Saturday, except when DW wakes you up and says get dressed nice, it's Sunday time to go to Church.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yep, TerryH and JMGrata has the right idea. I was wondering what that round device is above the closet door. Oh yea.. that's a clock. Don't use them much any more.. Forever Weekends. Don't use clocks except the one on the cell. It changes time zones and is always accurate where ever we are at.

I have forgotten how to use an alarm...

What a wonderful way to live and see Gods World...

BC