Florida keys post cruise?

rick_debbie_gallant

We are wintering in Texas until March. DW and I are planning on a cruise leaving from Miami in Mid March. I was thinking about extending our trip south as long as we are that far south and do the KEYS for a few weeks.

Only problem is what to do with our y'all first for some ideas on both storage for a week and for the trip to the keys.

Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'd find an RV park near Miami for the week you're on the cruise. Don't know of any in particular, but many campgrounds have small storage areas where you can keep the RV for a few days. Barring that, maybe long term parking at the airport??

Which Cruise Line you taking? We like NCL, but won't be going again until Jan/Feb 2011.

mlburst1

Carnival has a large, secure parking lot at their Miami cruise terminal - not sure if they allow RV's - worth a call to Carnival to check.

All of the campgrounds in the Keys are outrageously priced but our favorite is Sugar Loaf Key KOA - close to Key West and has all amenities including a beach.

Have a great trip!

truknutt

Committed Member
Assuming you are leaving from Port Everglades...try these numbers for info on long term storage of your RV:

Please direct all inquiries to:
BROWARD COUNTY'S PORT EVERGLADES DEPT.
Attn: Corporate/Community Relations
1850 Eller Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Tel: (954) 523-3404 Fax: (954) 525-1910

Here is the link for the Port Everglades Facilities Guide & Directory 2008-2009.

P.S. We're Royal Caribbean International Fans!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We stayed at Boyd's RV Park (mile marker 5) at Key West. Never again. The park is so tight we broke the side back window out driving to the site. Then I had to jockey around finally finding a sight we could get into. Also $90 a day for a full hookup sight. Would have been better off staying in a hotel.

Boca_Shuffles

You can use reserveamerica to check on State Parks. However, most of these are reserved 11 months in advance. The length of the site is the actual length, so you might have to park your TV down in the overflow parking lot. Also, most of the sites are designed for smaller trailers and not the larger type units.

Be sure to check ahead. You can get a cruiseship reservations a lot easier than a RV site reservation.