Purchase from McMahon RV

CRLYHDS

Hi;

We purchased a 2010 Elkridge from McMahon RV at the Pomona RV show in October. We based our decision on looking at other 5th wheelers and were really impressed with the Elkridge. We talked to Joe the factory rep and received excellent support. Now we are waiting for delivery. The 5th wheel has been delivered to the dealer but are waiting on a generator to be installed.

We have always tent camped and this is our first 5th wheel. We have lots of questions and aren't receiving any customer support from the dealer. I won't go into the details here on the forum. We are thinking of canceling our order because customer support is very important to us. We are very concerned about the walk through, etc. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hannah

goodtruck

We have a Eagle Ridge and love it.the first dealer we went to sounds like they went to the same school as yours.went to a different dealer in denton,tx and could not belive the difference. We have had our unit since june and they still act like they are trying to make the sale.so I would tell them that service is also what you are paying for and that if they feel that it is to much to ask for then go to a different dealer.your view of the Elk Ridge is correct they are a great unit for thr price.

Tom of Ypsi

Unless the deal is so good you cannot resist RUN don't walk away from this dealership. There are too many other reputable dealershps that are looking for your business and hey will deal.

SilverRhino

Hannah;

With any major purchase.....you need to be able to trust the dealer.

HL builds a great product and there are many fine dealers that would be more than happy to meet your needs. If I was in your situation....I would first discuss the issue with the dealerships management......if the response was still not to your satisfaction......then I would look for another dealer.

I of course can not speak directly about this dealership....never having dealt with them.

This is just my opinion.

Good luck & I hope it all works out for you.

RR

jimmiemh

Please post how this was resolved and any help you received from the factory. We are looking to purchase an Elkridge and McMahon is one of the dealers we are considering after seeing them at Pomona.

thanks...jim

CRLYHDS

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for everybody's input and comments. Life is too short to deal with a dealer that doesn't provide excellent support. I know the factory rep, Joe, will give me another solution for picking up our unit.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here is a link to the California RV service reviews page. There are 3 entries on McMahon's 3 locations.

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=CA

BTW, McMahon does not list themselves as being a dealer for Heartland 5th wheels on their website.
There is a McMahon's just up I-10 from us in Indio, CA. They are carrying the Elk Ridge line. I believe they are primarily a motor home dealer but carry towables as well. I spoke with one of the owners last month here at our park when they had a couple demo Class A's here to view. They said during the Winter months,they would only work on units they sell unless an emergency came up and someone needed service. (I read that to mean $$$$). I really couldn't judge the quality of their sales or service people but my first impression was not overly a positive one.

wdk450

Thanks, and everyone add your input!

Larry:
Thanks for the kind words, and as with most forums (like this TERRIFIC HEARTLAND FORUM) there is only advice to receive ONLY if advice is posted. Take the time to post YOUR current service experiences, good or bad. This shares your experiences and even gives the servicer a chance to redeem their reputation after some negative postings.
I am wanting to post some NON-SERVICE PERFORMED events on this site. That is when you go into a dealership for your brand for warranty service and are refused because you didn't buy it there. I think that this service "attitude" should be posted for other prospective buyers.
The site is "RVServiceReviews.com .