It's home

robnmo

Well we got the 3612 today. I think we went over everything from the screws to a very tiny scratch in the counter top....................we ain't complaining about an itsy bitsy little scratch that's most people probably would never see and one small bubble under one decal about the size of a pencil lead. The RV definitely looks like a very quality piece of workmanship, we were all impressed. Only down side was the people we originally did our deal with have left the dealership and the lady that took their place lost us real fast, but another person filled in and straighten things out very quick, again very impressed. Only hitch was when we started to back it in the driveway, the break away cable hooked under the 5th wheel frame and unplugged..............locked brakes catty wampus in the road. Note to self: tie up cable outta the way next time :rolleyes: I was a little paranoid starting out, never pulled anything that long before, it tracked like a dream, and did't take long to get pretty comfy with it. Now after the storm disappears and roads clear, it's momma's time to practice, then we'll load the bikes and go at it again. Hopefully we'll met some people in the future on the road.

Be safe and Happy Holidays

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congraulations on your new "toy". What a wonderful Christmas present. Hopefully we will see yall 'down the road' one day.

geeksrus

Only hitch was when we started to back it in the driveway, the break away cable hooked under the 5th wheel frame and unplugged..............locked brakes catty wampus in the road. Note to self: tie up cable outta the way next time :rolleyes:

We kept having the breakaway cable engage on our previous 5er when we made a sharp turn (pain in the butt having to re-connect on a busy road).

Got a length of similar metal cable and made a loop attached to the original cable. Carried this over to the BH & no more un-wanted dis-connection.

Eh!

truknutt

Committed Member
Great to hear that everything went well for you. Another Cyclone in the Midwest....hmmmm:rolleyes:

Join us in Nashville this year to show it off!!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rob, congradulations on the new rig. About your brake cable getting hung up. Where are you hooking it to?? I hook mine to the hitch release handle and it keeps it up off the bed floor. I have never had it get hooked on anything, even on 90* right or left turns. Just an idea. Bob:D:D

porthole

Retired
Congrats and good luck, in another 6 hours, if the weather guessers are right, we will not be able to see ours.......................

robnmo

Rob, congradulations on the new rig. About your brake cable getting hung up. Where are you hooking it to?? I hook mine to the hitch release handle and it keeps it up off the bed floor. I have never had it get hooked on anything, even on 90* right or left turns. Just an idea. Bob:D:D

That's where ours was hooked. Me thinks, a small wire in a loop to run the cable through to just keep it off the truck bed, but let it slide back and forth when we turn. We've got under bed rail mounts, so it hooked under the edge of the 5th wheel frame.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rob, sounds like a great idea. How about using a "P" clamp instead. Let us know how it works out. Bob:D:D

robnmo

Rob, sounds like a great idea. How about using a "P" clamp instead. Let us know how it works out. Bob:D:D

that'll work, heading to Home Depot today (need more extension cord so gonna build my own), some PVC for an underbelly sewage hose container, water filter/regulator stuff, yadda yadda yadda, I'm sure between the Depot and the existing junk in our garage a clamp/bracket will be an easy fix. ;) By spring MAYBE we'll be ready! :rolleyes::D