Let the dig out begin!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
The dig out begins.Anybody with a snow shovel or a snow plow would not be turned away. Just kidding,(I think).It started out yesterday morning with a snow,sleet mix.It wasn't long until it was all snow.Snowed all day yesterday and up till about 9:00 last night.Then it was a snow,sleet,rain mix.Looks like we might have about 8 inches on the ground.We have it lucky here ,because I have a friend,from the forum,that lives up in the Maggie Valley,Waynesville area,who had about 12 inches yesterday afternoon,and had been without power a couple times.Renee left Chapel Hill,NC yesterday about 4:00 and got home around 9:00.It is normally about a 2 1/2 hour drive.She made it home fine,but she could not get up the hill that leads to our drive way.I walked down and tried to help but I couldn't get it up the hill either.Really a slick,wet snow.So,we left the car and walked home.The sun is shining today and it is supposed to warm up so maybe the roads will clear. Everyone be safe.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Terry & Renee,

Glad your storm is ending and everybody is ok. Our snow is still falling and is expected to continue until tomorrow morning. Latest National Weather Service report from work indicates expected accumulation at 20" :eek: for the Jersey shore. John and Tim are at work plowing and I am left here with the snowblower and a gas can. Thank goodness for the electric start!

I don't know how we are going to get that girls basketball team at the airport tonight. Inbound from FLA at 11:19pm. I hope they cancel the flight. A School Bus is meant to stay parked in this stuff!

trdeal

Debbie,be careful out there,don't overdo it.No snowblower here.I guess Renee and I will get out here in a little bit with our snow shovels.Times like this make me wish I had a tractor with a snow blade on it.Maybe I should ask Santa for that for Christmas next year.Stay warm and dry!

jnbhobe

Hey Guys & Girls; I know its tough but someone has to do it. Just think a White Christmas on the East Coast. Hope everyone stays safe. Deb, that is just like a lake effect storm here so I know what your going thru, JON:D:D:D

Rrloren

Just plowed out my 300 foot drive with the ATV, will have to do it again later this pm. Also have no heat in the house , my water pump stopped late yesterday and we have Geo- thermal heat!!! Using 2 quartz heaters and am able to keep the temp at 63 so far. Don't know if repair can be done today or not , may have to move into the Sundance!

trdeal

The weather man says we could have some more snow here for Christmas Eve.

rick_debbie_gallant

Yup< I hear y'all. We got snow here in Michigan last night. We are here for the holiday. I think we really got dumped on. Oh, sorry my bad. I can still see foot prints in the snow from yesterday:angel:.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
69 degrees and sunshine here in Houston. Beautiful. This is a Chamber of Commerce day.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We know how everyone feels. We're under a Blizzard Warning until 6pm. I've lived here for 25 years and we've never had a Blizzard Warning before!:eek: Thank goodness we stocked up yesterday. I'm with you on the tractor blade Terry. Tine to invest in one! The driveway has 12" in it right now. Probably get at least 6 or 7 more before it quits. Hope the heat gets going Richard. My son's oil heater wuit last night. He's down to 64 right now - working on it. If it doesn't get fixed they'll probably come stay with us (the grandkids are already here). Thanks goodness for 4 wheel low drive.

trdeal

Hope everyones heat and power comes back quickly.It is a beautiful day here with the sun shining on the snow.We don't need a four wheel drive here much but I sure am glad I have one.We just got in from shoveling off our driveway.That was just way to much like work to suit me.The snow is beautiful.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yup< I hear y'all. We got snow here in Michigan last night. We are here for the holiday. I think we really got dumped on. Oh, sorry my bad. I can still see foot prints in the snow from yesterday:angel:.

What "dumped on?" You've been skipping down south too many times for the winter, my friend. Lucky if we got an inch. Only reason I went out to clean it is I was too lazy to go down in the basement and lift weights for exercise.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
As a side note: John just called said one of the plow trucks was fully engufed in flames waiting for a fire truck to arrive! Not his thankfully and the driver is fine. The fire department is busy on a water rescue as a car spun and flipped over into the bay. Waiting for assistance from a neighboring town. Guess he'll be home sometime on Monday now that they're down a truck!

Hope everybody without heat and electric gets fixed up real quick!!!!

bill40

We only have 6in so far but it is coming down harder and the wind is starting to pick up. Have hit the side walk twice so far parked the chevy in front of the garage will at least give the blower a running start when it stops. Guess we will have to watch Dalls lose another game this afternoon. Everyone be careful out there.

porthole

Retired
I haven't enjoyed snow in ten years. Sooner it hits 60 the better we'll be.

Been cold enough here for the last few days that at least the stuff is sticking and not making a slippery mess hidden under the snow.

Just got called in to work for OT - what are they nuts? We live in the northern edge of the "heavy snow band" and fairly close to the ocean, which could make it a little nicer or really open up the faucets.

They can keep the OT.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Duane,

Are you guys getting as hammered there as we are in Southern Ocean County? PS: John could of used your help but by the time the apparatus arrived the plow truck was gone!

porthole

Retired
I don't think we are getting the heavy stuff until 5pm, then it is supposed to be all night.

But on the plus side, I got home from work this morning and don't have to go back until Tuesday - yeah!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Finally quit snowing here around 9:00pm. We finished around 18 3/4". Now to start digging out.

Ernie & Lettie

That snow storm is one reason why I like living here is az. If I want to see snow all I have to do is drive 30 miles or so and see it, play in it then head back down the mountain and get into warmer weather. I hope that everybody stays safe in the bad weather. Todays high was 75 degrees and sunny. Please take care, Ernie & Lettie