Help with outside speakers

redwing

Can anyone give me step by step instruction on how to turn off the outside speakers? I can't find any instruction in my owners pkg. I have tried every menu button on both remotes (TV/Sound System).

Thanks in advance

porthole

Retired
Bring up the menu, scroll to "fade or fader" then use the up or down arrow until all your noise is on the inside. I think on mine the "rear" setting are the outside speaks.

If you have a JENSEN stereo,look at the front of it half way down there will be A,B,C button.One button for each letter,A is for the living room,B is for the bedroom and C is for the outside speakers.If the light is on the button those are the speakers that have sound going to them.Hope this helps

robnmo

Ours has 3 rocker switches beside the radio, one living room, one garage, one outside, haven't found anything on the remote yet.

porthole

Retired
Ours has 3 rocker switches beside the radio, one living room, one garage, one outside, haven't found anything on the remote yet.

You have the newest model, new just this summer. I'm guessing many of the suggestions posted here were put into that model.

davelinde

step 1. find 13 y/o son
step 2. get him to listen to me
step 3. tell him - the outside speakers went on again
step 4. wait... after pushing a lot of buttons it goes off

all kidding aside the Jenson is FAR FAR FAR from intuitive for this. It has something to do with picking the right mode and options... and each time I do it I learn it like it was new :(

porthole

Retired
if it the same Jensen I have then all you have to do is use the menu, scroll to fader and use the up-down key to change the fade from front to rear (inside to outside) and vice versa.

TNT

We had trouble with this on a trip in September trying to watch a movie. All our neighbors heard the movie too I think. Haven't watched a movie since, but will have to remember advice for next time. Thanks a million for all the good advice!

davelinde

if it the same Jensen I have then all you have to do is use the menu, scroll to fader and use the up-down key to change the fade from front to rear (inside to outside) and vice versa.

on our Jenson you needed to find the right mode, relating to "zone" IIRC, and then find the right menu option before the top level menu times out and reverts you back to the default mode (which is NOT the one you want). It was VERY poor human factors engineering.

From the answers here it looks like YMMV - eg how to do it depends on which one you got.

davelinde

btw - I finally found the write-up on my version of this. YMMV
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7717

PUG

Pug
if you have the same Jensen I have then all you have to do is use the menu, scroll to fader and use the up-down key to change the fade on the right speaker to zero and vice versa to put sound outside. I was watching a war movie with lots of guns and bombs and a neighbor asked me if I could turn the war down.

I replaced my Jensen radio once after the dvd player went goofy. The second time I said **** with it and went and bought a nice dvd player and wired it in so I can play dvd's through it.

ParkIt

While cleaning the unit just after it arrived, I put in a Rammstein CD and didn't notice the outside speakers were on (A, B, C, Jensen AWM970). About died laughing when I stepped outside to see our neighbors dog looking terrified, went back in and figured out which button turned on/off which speakers.