Rear flood lights over garage

porthole

Retired
Mine have had water in them since the trailer was new. Just kept forgetting to do something about it.

Then I remembered a week after I covered the trailer arghhhh.

I pulled the cover off the back and took the lens off. There was about 1.5" of water in the light assembly.

Left the covers off for a bit and turned the lights on to help it dry out.
Put the covers back on loosely and then covered it back up. Will worry about it in the spring.

Anyone else have this problem?
Ever look close to see if you have this problem?

Mine is a 2010 3010.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Duane, I read a post awhile back about the light base being on upside down. I think it said that there is a weep hole in the base. Bob:D:D

porthole

Retired
Could be. But I remembered to do something about it after the trailer was covered, so it will wait for spring.

That would make sense though.

My 3950 had a crack in one lens which allowed water in. Got that fixed and no more leaking. I did see weep holes in the fixture when the lens was being replaced.

watchthebox

Yes, there's water in both of mine too, after we had some rain. It doesn't seem like they should be getting water in them so soon, we just got it a couple weeks ago. Is this a common problem?

dougw

My 3 month old cyclone has water in its lights as well. I pulled them apart to look at them and found that they were mounted with those square head bolts that are common place for building the trailers. I've seen them on my WW as well. Any ways, the top 2 didn't screw tightly into anything solid and that let the water in. Also the silicone that was used to seal the lights only covered the back plate to the trailer and not over the lens at all. The backing of the lights is pretty flexable so I think it would have sealed if the bolts were tight. I had some white silicone handy and so I removed the covers, put a bead of the silicone around the backing plate and re attached the lens with better bolts. We should have some rain this week so I'll know later if all is good. I'm expecting it will be fine and I don't worry that any of the water actually made it into the trailer itself. I suspect that if you were just use better fitting bolts and were able to tighten up the upper to bolts on each light that would fix the problem.

Doug

porthole

Retired
My lights appeared to have been sealed well. There was also a silicone bead around the outside of the lens. Like I previously posted, for now all I did was pull the covers for the winter.
When I do my spring get ready I will look closer to see what the issue is. Although I may just fix it the same way we use to fix all those leaky Chrysler headlamp housing - just drill some drain holes in the bottom.