Question about propane tanks

We just picked up our 2011 Grand Canyon (yay, us!) from Great Lakes RV in Elkhart, IN (yay, Rob!) and after five days of using the furnace to heat our rig while we switched over our belongings and got everything fixed we're wondering how to tell if our propane tanks go empty. Other than the fact that it would get really cold inside:D. Our Palisades' tanks sat side by side and had a regulator/switch which showed a tank to be empty (red/green gauge) and then switched over. With a tank on each side of the rig with the GC and no obvious gauge that we can find, how do we tell our levels on this unit?

P.S. Jim and Mark? You two have Rob SO intimidated:eek:

4ever

The system has an automatic changeover valve with the gage that registers red or green. For this to work you need to have both tank valves open. Start with both tanks open and the selector lever pointing to tank "A". The gage will shoe GREEN. When tank "A" goes empty the gage will show RED and the automatic changeover valve will start using gas from tank "B". At this time you need to switch the selector valve and have it pointing to tank "B". when you do this the gage will now go back to GREEN. You can then go get tank 'A' filled.

Ted

2010augusta

As ted said, you have the same gauge as your old unit, however it is in the off-door-side tank compartment.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Don't know where the regulator on the BC is located, my Cyclone's is on the DS. But one thing is certain, the propane tanks won't ever run out when the sun is shining or when you are awake. Awesome engineering on those things! :D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Don't know where the regulator on the BC is located, my Cyclone's is on the DS. But one thing is certain, the propane tanks won't ever run out when the sun is shining or when you are awake. Awesome engineering on those things! :D

Amen to that. Mine last ran out at 3:00am! (Last year!) I know better now:D)

wyleyrabbit

Ha ha ha. How true. The only time we ever completely ran out of propane was at 2:45am and the outside temp was a few degrees below freezing. Brrr.

Sorry not to thank y'all sooner--we've been busy putting away things in the new GC. Denny DID find the gauge, which showed him that one tank was empty and the other pert-near empty. Is there anywhere in this country that's warm right now?

And yes, Mr. Belletti, I meant you! Thanks for working on our behalf to make sure our experience in obtaining a new GC went okay. There were some tears (mine) and some bumps, but we got it all worked out before we finally drove out of Elkhart. Unprepped, to be sure, due to the craziness going on in the service department and the changes they made at my insistence while trying to get shut down for Christmas, but everything worked when we left, even if it wasn't all prettied up for us.