Protecting Tires

4ever

I will have my rig on a concrete pad at the campground for three months. I have read the concrete is not suppose to be good for tires over an extended period of time. Had thought about placing some plywood under the tires for protection however, I have read that you should only use treated wood to prevent moisture build up after rains. Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,

Ted

SilverRhino

I've always parked mine on painted 2 X 10s when in storage. I have never heard about only using pressure treated.

If your tires are in direct sunlight.......I would also recommend covering them......sunlight does damage the sidewalls.

jnbhobe

I wouldn't worry about it at all.You can cover them to keep the sun off them.Other than that you uesd to have to watch leaving your tires sitting in one place,but that was for bias ply tires and nylon cords they would thump and shimmy till they got warm

Bobby A

I will have my rig on a concrete pad at the campground for three months. I have read the concrete is not suppose to be good for tires over an extended period of time. Had thought about placing some plywood under the tires for protection however, I have read that you should only use treated wood to prevent moisture build up after rains. Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,

Ted

I do keep mine on treated wood and also use tire covers for the sun, but I think equally important is to make sure your tires are always inflated properly, I always go by whats on the sidewall of the tire.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
At a tire seminar we had a Goodyear tire engineer tell us covering the tire won't make that much difference but if it makes us feel better we could cover them. He also said when parking for extended periods just inflate the tire to max inflation and that is all of the special precautions needed.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I think once moderator Ray said to buy 303 tire protectorant. Do a search for the thread or Ray T. why don't you tell 4ever what your post said?