2011 Bighorn Product Press Release

jbeletti

Heartland Rolls Out New Features on Bighorn Fiver

Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC has significantly increased production and rolled out several new features on its popular Bighorn line of luxury fifth-wheels, keeping step with consumer demand that pushed the brand to the No. 2 spot for the month of October in terms of overall market share, according to a news release.

According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., Bighorn showed a YTD 10.3% gain in market share among fifth-wheel brands while garnering a No. 3 ranking for the first 10 months.

“Clearly, today’s consumers are seeing the features they want at a price that matches their budgets,” said Coley Brady, director of fifth-wheel sales for the Elkhart, Ind.-based manufacturer. “Our dealers are doing a tremendous job of selling the Bighorn product, which has really been the key behind the product’s success. Together, we are winning in a very competitive environment.”

Brady reported that the Bighorn line was “exceptionally well-received” by Heartland’s dealer body during the recently completed National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky., sporting numerous upgrades and feature enhancements designed to “hit the hot button with consumers.”

“There was an overwhelmingly positive response in Louisville to all the changes we made to the Bighorn,” Brady said. “Our order counts exceeded expectations, and we are ramping up production for further market share gains during the coming year.”

New additions to the Bighorn include standard hydraulic front landing gear, operating 15% faster than standard electric systems, along with new exterior graphics and a “welcome back” light that comes on when the entry door is opened. Heartland also equipped the Bighorn with a keyless entry system that features an illuminated keyboard for nighttime access.

Adding an upscale, residential feel, spring-loaded, hidden hinges are used throughout the interior while the kitchen is outfitted with 4-inch recessed halogen ceiling lights and a “boutique” pull-out kitchen faucet.
The bedroom area offers a standard, proprietary king-sized memory foam pillow-top mattress along with pull-out storage drawers that are built into the entry steps. Hand-rubbed, antique-glazed cherry hardwood cabinet doors are optional.

The Bighorn line is offered in 12 floorplans with two to five slideouts and MSRPs starting at $49,900.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I wouldn't give back this past year and our association with Heartland since we bought our 09 Bighorn. The 2011's look great and the new features will help them stand out in the market. Trade In????? Maybe! Wonder what 2012 will hold.

Keep up the good work Heartland!

CrazyScotsman

Wonder what 2012 will hold.

The way these RV manufacturers are with model years, I expect the 2012 to be out sometime in March 2010...:D:D:D

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Thanks Heartland, new improvements are great, guess we will stay with our 2009 Big Horn for a few years. God Bless ya, Al & Dee Weaver

ATLJOHN

Thanks Jim for the update.
We ordered our 2011 BH 3670RL last month and should be built mid to late January.
We opted for the optional Queen bed so we can have more room around the bed will it also have memory form pillow-top mattress? Also we heard that if you order the 19in TV in the bedroom you will also get an additional mount in the basement so you can use the TV outside as well.
We are looking forward to joining the Heartland family.

My 2009 3370 is at Heartland getting some repairs. Maybe the will accidently ship me the new 2011. Can only hope. Merry Christmas to all

Big Al & Donna

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
When is the brochure on the website going to be updated? Would love to see the new looks.

wdk450

Current Bighorn Owners - Plan the upgrades!

O.K. guys, figuring out the wiring for the welcome light from the existing inside over door light (switch on the inside step riser) shouldn't be too hard, along with a car door type plunger light switch. The hydraulic landing gear upgrade will probably be a lot harder and pricier, and we will have to see the keyless entry lock to duplicate it. But if they can put this neat stuff on the new ones, we should be able to retrofit that stuff on our older Bighorns.

jbeletti

Shooting for January, I believe. I was told today to expect to proof the LM/BH brochures soon.

Once they are approved, I think we'll get the PDFs online right away, while the order goes to the printer.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Looking at the 2011 Landmark Rushmore and that is a good looking coach also with the new full body paint. Hopefully we can see the whole line of Heartland products at the Houston RV show this coming Feb. Like to compare makes and models personally instead of on paper or web site.

rick_debbie_gallant

Looking at the 2011 Landmark Rushmore and that is a good looking coach also with the new full body paint. Hopefully we can see the whole line of Heartland products at the Houston RV show this coming Feb. Like to compare makes and models personally instead of on paper or web site.

Hey Tom:

Might have to come up and stay with you during the Houston RV show. Any openings at your park. Sure would be nice to get the keyless entry setup on our older models. I am not sure I can call mine an older model but hey the new ones are out.

Tom of Ypsi

Rick,

At the moment there are a lot of openings. I do not know if the park fills up for the rv show but I do know that when the rodeo is in town there is not a park that is not full for twenty plus miles. I will ask about availability for the rv show.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I can tell you that your park will likely fill up for the RV show because it is so close to the Reliant Center. I would recommend making a reservation and hopefully you can get in.

Tom of Ypsi

Rick,

Talked to the manager today, Lakeview RV Resort, Houston, Tx and they do not fill up for the RV show. I asked about reservations said that was up to you but unless you want a specific sight none would probably be needed. If planning for the rodeo this place fills up fast and stays that way.

Theresau

In regard to the queen bed - at least this was true in 2010 - there is no underbed storage.

However, we are very happy we made the decision to get the queen bed - much more room in the bedroom and we've found other areas to store what we used to store in the underbed storage in our TT.

Wharton

FYI-Houston Campgrounds

Besides Lakeview there is a "new" CG around 288 and the Sam Houston Tollway. It seems a little far out but at least it is on the south side of Houston.

Sue