Always the correct hitch height

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Has anyone mounted a tape measure on the pin box? I have found that this one improvement is the greatest add. When I get ready to hitch up to the TV, I just pull down the tape and lock it at the measurement I had where I unhitched. It seems to be always 58 inches. Then I run the legs up or down so the tape just touches the ground. Then I am ready to back into the pin and I am always are the right height everytime. :)
See attached photo.

Attachments

• HPIM4007.JPG
    HPIM4007.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 164

k6fn

K6FN
Good idea... another idea that a friend gave me is - buy a bubble level from camping world that has an adjustable slider on the bubble ($6 or so)..
then when you unhitch, just move the slider in the middle of the bubble and you now have the exact height for the hookup..
after you camp/have fun, just run the jacks up to where the marker is in the middle of the bubble and your hit pin is perfect..
happy rv'ing

1231ChaseB

Hi ! I have a string with a fishing sinker on one end and a magnet on the other end ! I put the magnet on the pin box pin and raise the camper up till the sinker is just off the ground and I'm good to hook up !
chaseb

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Good idea... another idea that a friend gave me is - buy a bubble level from camping world that has an adjustable slider on the bubble ($6 or so)..
then when you unhitch, just move the slider in the middle of the bubble and you now have the exact height for the hookup..
after you camp/have fun, just run the jacks up to where the marker is in the middle of the bubble and your hit pin is perfect..
happy rv'ing
I've got the same level. I had been looking for it for a few yeas and found it at CW. Great time saver.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Level Up will put your trailer right back where it was when you unhitched. Push a button and done!

Westwind

Well we can all dream about it but until Santa brings it looks like a tape measure is going to have to
do!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What great ideas and suggestions. Love the plumbob idea.
Thanks everyone.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are you sure that the system does this? I have the one that comes from the factory on my LM and I have not had this happen. It likes to drop the front all the way to the ground.