Hitch mount on 21FBS

rbloom

Would like to mount a hitch receiver on the rear of our new 21FBS for the purpose of carrying our generator - is that something that can be done and if so are there any recommendations that Heartland can make?

irvin56

Factory is probably shut down for x-mas

You may not get an answer from them untill new year ?
just my thought.
I believe last yr they were down till jan 4th

The new models have a slide out hitch,bike rack mounted on back.
But I can't remember what the load limit was on it.
remember that all weight added on back will remove weight from hitch weight.

rbloom

Hitch mount

Thanks Irvin - had a 2" receiver mounted on the frame by a local RV dealer who has done lots of these before - will only be putting a 80 lb generator on it so I don't expect any issues but I will monitor any changes in our weight distribution setup!

Bobbert

I would like to see some photos and and particulars. I was told that doing that was a bad idea and would void the warranty. My warranty is now expired. How was your hitch installed? Thank you, Bob

rbloom

Hitch mount

I'll take some pics and send them asap - wasn't really any big deal - just a cross member from one side to the other with the receiver in the middle - came out really nice - hopefully the warranty thing won't come into play since we anticipate extending our warranty next year! Never got a response from the Heartland people so I was in the dark about that - it's not like we want to tow a boat or another vehicle behind us - just using it to put a bike on or a small generator!

rbloom

Hitch Pics

1/4'' steel was used - spot welded to each side of frame - mounted a bike carrier on it with two bikes - no problemo

Attachments

• CIMG3539.jpg
    CIMG3539.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG3540.jpg
    CIMG3540.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 41
  • CIMG3541.jpg
    CIMG3541.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 41