Furnace will not quit

Tom of Ypsi

The only way to stop the furnace from running is to pull the 20 amp fuse. We have the remote control thermostat put new batteries in to see if that would help, no luck. Even with the fuse pulled the red and green power lights stay on. Any ideas on where to start, it is getting hot in here.

thomasinnv

i'm not familiar with the remote thermostats but the principle would be the same as wired i am sure. if you can get to the receiver unit for the thermostat, try removing the heat mode wires and see if the furnace stops. if it does then you have a bad thermostat. when you disconnect the wires it will not shut off right away, it needs to run until it cools off to a pre determined temperature. just let it run for a few minutes and see if it starts cooling down. (the air coming out of the furnace)

jolar3329

I'm not a furnace expert, but I assume the remote is a sending unit. I would look at the receiver and disconnect it. While disconnected I would check the leads to the furnace and see if they are shorted (thermostat contacts closed). If they are, find out why. Next I would check the receiver power supply. Good Luck. Larry

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
still no fix bro. i talked to rich(furnace guy) and he said it was more than likely the thermostat. good luck and get better judy

Tom of Ypsi

Hey fellow Heartlanders the problem is fixed and a big thanks to all who tried to help. I really do not know what the problem was but I unplugged the coach, tried to tighten all wires (none loose) played with the remote & thermostat plugged back in turned on the furnace and I have a real woking furnace.

TGLBWH if you buy a Heartland product see what kind of family you are getting with your coach.