No water too!

MD Buck

We too woke up to no water, but don't think that the tank is frozen. I drained the tank and the water ran out freely and I refilled it only to still have the pump run with no water coming from the tank. Put a heater in the area for two days plus it's been above freezing for over 24 hours so any suggestions? Also, replaced the pump and that didn't make any difference. Was able to pull water from a jug when using the winterize position on that valve. Is there a check valve at the intake hose in the tank that could have broken? Again, I drained the tank a refilled it only to have the same problem so it doesn't seem to be a freeze problem in the tank.

rick_debbie_gallant

Hey Brother:

Like your choice in rigs. What kind of mods have you done so far and besides the freeze up and no water what other kinds of problems have you had?

By the way I do have a fix for your water freeze up problem. You need to drag that castle further south and west! Where it does not get that cold:rolleyes:.

Merry Christmas and a safe and happy next year.

Rick Galant

jvblade

Canadian Member
I suspect that the water line from the pump to the water tank is frozen. The only that I can suggest is to crank up the furnace to try to get underbelly warmer. Try blocking your furnace ducts upstairs in the unit to force more warm air underneath. It is apparent in some units that not enough heat gets to the water tank.

We have been discussing this in this thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=13701

Check it out. It might have some helpful information as well. Let us know if it helped.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I agree with jvblade. You have a section of hose between the tank and pump that is frozen. It's likely a small slightly pinched area. We had a similar problem and ended up using a 5 gallon bucket of water in the basement and used the winterizing hose to draw from the bucket. We kept a small space heater in the basement to keep the bucket from freezing. Be careful not to block too much of the furnace airflow. It might cause problems by overheating the fire box. That will cause the burner to shut down till it cools and then re-ignite.

MD Buck

Got the water back. Was something very simple, but difficult to find. The handle on the winterize valve was broken and wasn't moving the valve. It showed the valve in normal position, but was actually partially open to bypass and was sucking the air instead of water from the tank. Used pliers and turned the valve and am back in water again. Can't believe it was something that easy, but had to try everything else before I found this.