Wanted to share modification

tsoileau

Just wanted to share a modification (installation) that I did for a tv in the storage compartment. The TV is a 32" LCD HDTV that is connected to either the antena or the satalite dish. Also, not shown is a device that I use to control the channels on the dish receiver from outside that is called a Terk--remote anywhere. You place the receiving unit in front of your dish receiver and the sending unit somewhere near the tv and this allows you to change channels without having to go in and out of the RV. I also take the sending unit and put in the bedroom at night so that I can change channels from my bed. The first couple of pictures is a cutout of the box the tv came in that I use as a protector. Hope this gives you some ideas of what can be done. Happy New Year.

Attachments

• camper 009.jpg
    camper 009.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 257
  • camper 010.jpg
    camper 010.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 254
  • camper 011.jpg
    camper 011.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 256
  • camper 012.jpg
    camper 012.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 259
  • camper 013.jpg
    camper 013.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 260
  • camper 014.jpg
    camper 014.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 256

jgallego

I had a 26" lcd high definition installed in the same position. I had a wooden enclosure made that I can place around the lcd when travelling.

Jaime

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have a 26" LCD in the basement but elected not to put in on a swing arm on the left side. We have had to go behind the sidewall way too many times for one reason or another in the past, so being able to remove the screws and just move the wall seemed to make better sense than wrestling with a swing/arm tv and sidewall. Thanks for the pics - they look great:).

RubiconAg

Nice Mod, I have mulled this mod to death, looking at all sorts of different mounts, flush swing arms, etc. I have been concerened that our 42" will cause fatigue on the mount while bouncing down the road, although I will end up doing this eventually for tailgating at college games. For now, I just strap the tv in on the stand and when we get to our destination I crawl in from the UDC side and move the TV manually. Here is a picture of us at the A&M V. TU game this Thanksgiving with the projector going as well..

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

talley

tsoileau -Nice addition...will look up "terk" on internet:confused: Have not made the move yet, but will probably mount on swing arm. Thinking about front wall of basement to avoid mount interfering with access to wiring, equipment, etc. I notice what appears to be another mod that I would like... the brackets hung from ceiling of basement. Looks like PVC? What is construction/attachment?

Thanks, Jerry

tsoileau

I had something similar to what you have but it took storage space--what I did was use a three-quarter inch piece of plywood and wrapped it up with black felt that matched what was already on the cover panel-i did beef up the support for the cover by ripping some two by fours--there is a gap where the cover doesn't sit up against the existing 2 x 2's. Now is does--also used some sheet rock screws to hold the 3/4 plywood on the 3/8 wafferboard used as the cover. Liked the idea of the projector for showing the games--I'm usually at the LSU games. I do use some staps to help limit the bouncing but the 42 is heavier than the 32 and am not sure about it fitting. Also, there is a single set screw on the bracket which will allow me to remove the tv in the event I have to get to the wiring-ect in the crawl space. Thanks for your pictures.

Nice Mod, I have mulled this mod to death, looking at all sorts of different mounts, flush swing arms, etc. I have been concerened that our 42" will cause fatigue on the mount while bouncing down the road, although I will end up doing this eventually for tailgating at college games. For now, I just strap the tv in on the stand and when we get to our destination I crawl in from the UDC side and move the TV manually. Here is a picture of us at the A&M V. TU game this Thanksgiving with the projector going as well..

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

caissiel

I seen that in center picture it looks like mine when i watch it outside with the Desk slide closed. We can see the TV through the living room side window while the outside speakers are on. All the neighbours can watch my TV from the desk location.

tsoileau

talley,

The mount that I used is easy to remove with a single set screw which allows the bracket to slide up and off. I used a 3/4 piece of plywood and covered with felt purchased as Walmart-the screwed it to the existing wafferboard. When I remove the screws holding the cover panel, then the 3/4 plywood will just come off with it. The other modification is in fact pvc that I used to store my table, which puts it out of the way and also added a space to stack the chairs. Table was always at the bottom and had to remove everything to get it out--now I just remove the rubber cord to hold it in place and slide it out. I flattened the ends of the pvc with a heater for shapping pvc-heated it up and use a vice to flatten--could use a heat gun with the same results. The flattened ends were screwed to the beams. Just wanted something to help organize the space. Have had it for two years now and the brackets have held up. Will try to post some better pictures-

tsoileau -Nice addition...will look up "terk" on internet:confused: Have not made the move yet, but will probably mount on swing arm. Thinking about front wall of basement to avoid mount interfering with access to wiring, equipment, etc. I notice what appears to be another mod that I would like... the brackets hung from ceiling of basement. Looks like PVC? What is construction/attachment?

Thanks, Jerry

Attachments

• camper 015.jpg
    camper 015.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 154
  • camper 016.jpg
    camper 016.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 144

talley

tsoileau, thanks for the pictures on the "rack"... did not see the pvc bottom support. I suppose the mid-length support is necessary with pvc. Would like to do away with pvc "legs" from bottom of rack to the floor. If sagging of the pvc becomes a problem, a wooden dowel could be inserted into the pvc span.

Thanks

jgallego

Below is a picture of how I have my 26" lcd setup.

DSCN1395.jpg

Below is my bedroom mod to add a 22" with built in dvd.

DSCN1366.jpg

DSCN1367.jpg

Jaime

tsoileau

Modifications

It all looks good and I appreciate all the feedback with the modifications that you did. It is great to share and give us all new ideas.

Happy New Year to all

Ted

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We built this entertainment center as a removable unit. It houses the TV, CD, DVD, Surround sound, FM Tuner, I-pod Dock and Sony Playstation. It actually hides the ice maker and doesn't really impede use of the basement.

Attachments

• Dunno 015.jpg
    Dunno 015.jpg
    704 KB · Views: 91