Refrigerator Will Not Turn On

We have recently bought a Bighorn. We are experiencing problems with the refrigerator. It seems as though no power is getting to it. We have even switched to gas mode and still no success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rickhansen

Check the 12VDC fuses, both in the DC Fuse Panel, and under the black plastic cover over the control board in the back of the fridge. (Access it via the vent cover outside) Check to see if you have 12VDC coming inn to the terminations there.

jimtoo

Hi DFWilliams,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information, and all willing to help or share knowledge.

For your refrigerator, the first thing you need to check are the 12 volt fuses, the frig must have 12 volt supply to operate. Also check all the circuit breakers, even reset them, turn off and back on.

I'm sure others will jump in here with other ideas also.

Jim M

jvblade

Canadian Member
We have recently bought a Bighorn. We are experiencing problems with the refrigerator. It seems as though no power is getting to it. We have even switched to gas mode and still no success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is your temperature readout on? If it is then the 12 volt power source is on. When you switch to LP you should be able to see the flame in the unit (after you take the vent cover off).

Your fridge is also susceptible to freezing outside temperatures. I'm not sure where you are but I did a post on this issue as our fridge stop working with really cold outside temperatures. Is your fridge in the slide as these are more vulnerable to this issue?

lwmcguir

Our battery had to be charged for ours to run. Is your battery good? This was even when we were on shore power the first time. The second time it started up on shore power. Not sure why.

lwmcguir

Good point on the GFI, we found that all three are tied to gether and all must be reset/good for things to work.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The 120v system on the fridge is tired into the GFCI, If it is tripped the fridge will not work.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
if the gfi is tripped the fridge will still work on lp. the circuit board runs on 12volt dc, not 120volt ac.

That is true...I had a brain fart and forgot about the propane side. But neither will work if the 12 v is down.