In A Way We're Lucky

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Was posting on FB and made mention of the Heartland Rallies we plan to attend this year. Jim B posted that we may be in the running for most rallies attended. This brought the following to mind:

Even though we live in the "Land of Laws" with the highest tax rate in the nation, the East Coast Heartlanders have more opportunities to attend rallies. With Chapters in NJ, PA, OH, NY, VA, NC & SC there are more planned events than in other areas of the country. Within a 10 hour drive we can reach any one of these states. Additionally, there are Chapters in GA and FL. Folks from California can drive for 10 hours and never leave the state. Somehow, that doesn't seem fair but it sure does make rally attendance more available for us on the right coast! Hence, "in a way we are lucky" to live where more rally events are planned annually! We have grown to love the rallies and the people who have come into our lives as a result. We are soooooo LUCKY!

Last edited:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
You are so right.WE have only attended one rally but we are hooked.

porthole

Retired
Luck - h'mm I'll pass on the luck and "get out of dodge" soon as I can.

I'll give ya a toot Deb when we pass by when we finally head south for good.

I'll be sure to write 'specially when we have weekends like the last one!

Attachments

• D30_6155_b.JPG
    D30_6155_b.JPG
    639.3 KB · Views: 57
  • D30_6156_b.JPG
    D30_6156_b.JPG
    630.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Amen to that Sister! This area is ripe with opportunities for comraderie and more food than you can handle! I wish we could plan more for the summers so more of our fellow owners could get involved. School commitments make it difficult for many to attend the Spring and Fall events. Unfortunately, the campgrounds fill up rapidly and are hard to get for groups during the summer months. We'll keep trying though!

boatto5er

So Jim Doesn't Have to Ask

Here ya go!:D

Attachments

• Desserts1.JPG
    Desserts1.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Food4.JPG
    Food4.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Food5.JPG
    Food5.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Food.JPG
    Food.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 42

2010augusta

Within a 10 hour drive we can reach any one of these states. Additionally, there are Chapters in GA and FL. Folks from California can drive for 10 hours and never leave the state.

When we were living in Brownwood TX (smack dab in the center of the state) I think we could drive for 10 hours in any direction and still be in Texas. This summer my wife and I when to see her friends and family in PA and within 15 minutes we had drove from PA all the way across Maryland (through Hancock) and into West Virgina. now that was a strange experience for a "western boy"

boatto5er

When we were living in Brownwood TX (smack dab in the center of the state) I think we could drive for 10 hours in any direction and still be in Texas. This summer my wife and I when to see her friends and family in PA and within 15 minutes we had drove from PA all the way across Maryland (through Hancock) and into West Virgina. now that was a strange experience for a "western boy"
I can do VA, DC, MD, DE, PA, and NJ in less than two hours! I had a similar experience in Europe many, many years ago. Drove through Germany, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Belgium, France, and back into Germany in less than a day.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Wow Gus, I think we're going the same way from different directions. Get it...:eek:...Got it! I didn't forget that Commissioner. :D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We're in puny little OR and had to travel 5 hours to get to the rally we put on last year and we only had to go from south mid-state (E to W) to the middle (N to S) of the coast.

Its not that us westerners aren't willing to travel. Its that we can't spend that many hours traveling to get to a rally unless the timing is right or we're retired.:D

Kristy

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Kristy,

That's exactly what I mean. We are blessed with multiple annual rallies while some of you struggle to get to one rally. It just doesn't seem fair but then again, we didn't draw the property lines. The close proximity of the Northeast states gives us many possibilities that may not be afforded to others.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I guess I must be one of the crazy Californians who love rallies. So far Debbi and I have attended close to 10 and already have 3 scheduled so far for 2010, including nor cal, Oregon, and Central Cal. We have made more friends at Heartland rallies than ever before. Yea.......... go Heartland Rallies. Great excuse to take a trip. And have had several items installed by our good friends who own HL rigs and love to help us non-techies. It was quite a sight in 2008 to see Jim B, Butch Joyner, and a couple others under my rig improving Forrest's hard work in Las Vegas with those JT Stabilizers. Thanks everyone.