21fbs propane tanks

marsha

I was wondering if there is an indication as to when the propane tanks are getting low. On the duel tanks, do they automatically switch to the other tank when one is empty or do you swap over manually. I saw a green dot on the valve area, is that some sort of indicator?

Thanks for all your help!

2010augusta

Yes, the green dot is a indicator. It will turn red when the tank is empty, or very close to empty and very cold. If working properly it should automatically start using fuel from the other tank, but you will have to manually move the pointer to point to the other tank to get a reading on that tank.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I was wondering if there is an indication as to when the propane tanks are getting low. On the duel tanks, do they automatically switch to the other tank when one is empty or do you swap over manually. I saw a green dot on the valve area, is that some sort of indicator?

Thanks for all your help!

With both tanks open and the selector running off either the left or right tank, the green indicator should turn red when the first tank is empty. The system will then draw off the second tank. Manually switch the selector to tank #2 and get tank #1 refilled. When you switch to tank #2, the indicator should return to green.

Depending on the temperature and humidity where you're at, take a look at the sides of the tanks. The one being drawn from may have a condensation/frost line at the level of the tank liquid. That will give you an approximation of how much is left in the tank.

Some folks pour warm water down the sides of the tanks to get the frost line to form. It may work, but all it's ever gotten me was wet shoes.

sunflower

The warm water works well depending upon the humidity.I use an inexpensive infrared gun to shoot the tanks,colder is liquid level.I also use the gun to check tire and hub running temperatures and fridge temps,leaks and furnace temps.I have on occasion leaned down and shot the transmission case temps when fueling up and waiting for the wifey,kind of silly sometimes.But then that is not what the op wanted to know.