2011 21FBS Bike Rack

KButler

We just brought our new 2011 21FBS home and we are having difficulty mounting two bikes on the rack. The rack only allows about 15 inches between the mounting post and the back of the trailer. This doesn't allow enough room to house two adult bikes without adjusting the handle bars so they won't bump into the back of the trailer. Since the bumper has been added and looks to be welded to the frame, is it possible to mount another bike carrier to the bumper and then use the new pull out bike rack for either storage or other smaller bikes? I've been looking at a Swagman 2 bike RV Bumper rack and it specifies that it is to be used only on continuous welded steel tubular bumpers-not on spot or stitch welded bumpers-is the bumper on 2011 21FBS a continuous welded bumper?

I would guess that this application will come up frequently in the future-we only have two bikes to transport. Anyone with three or four bikes will need some guidance/options.

By the way-the bike rack is a great addition!

Thanks,

Ken

chrispitude

This is a shame. We just ordered a 2011 21FBS today. My wife and I were hoping that we could fit our two mountain bikes on the rack. Given that this is mostly sold as a couple's trailer, I was expecting two bikes would be no problem.

- Chris

irvin56

could you turn them upside down and fasten handle bars to rack.
that way the tires are up and no need to worry about bars hitting back of trailer??