Bargain Deep Cycle Batteries in Northern Ca.

wdk450

Gang:
I came across this ad on Craigslist Sacramento today.

"EnerSys Genesis XE70X Lead Acid Batteries. Nonspillable. (Note: These are not standard Autotmotive batteries) They are for special applications...(storage, deep cycle, solar, wind, hybrid, gas to electric conversions) if you don't know what they are, you most likely will not be able to use them. Retail $400+each. Less than 6 months old, excellent condition. $60 each. Over 200 available. Call Kim at 530-661-7200 Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

http://www.enersysreservepower.com/documents/US-XE-RS-004_1106.pdf
"

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1527532853.html

I have used these high-purity lead Enersys sealed lead acid batteries in medical devices in the hospital and know them to be a great improvement over their regular SLA predecessors, to such a point that the medical equipment manufacturers switched to them for new equipment.

RubiconAg

Have you used these for your trailer? I am really curious about these and if they would give us longer run time especially when not hooked to shore power and having to use the battery sucking heater.

wdk450

Battery Runtime

Sir:
There is a battery runtime chart on the link in the Craigslist ad.

boatdoc

I'd be real leary of these batterys. Not that they are a bad battery but how have they been treated in that 6 months is what worrys me. Completely discharged?? How many times??? How were they brought back to life??? No thanks for me.

Northern Virginia
Chances are they were used in a commercial UPS system or in a wind/solar set up. I would buy a couple but not at $60. Bet he would take $40 for two. If he's got 200 he's got a lot to get rid of. I would take a digital meter with me and pick two with >12.7 volts.

John

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
If you are planning to use these like golf cart batteries for an 2000 watt inverter system, could you do it and how many batteries would you need?

Northern Virginia
Sure, You can use as many as you want. The more batteries you have, the more amp hours (run time). You would want to parallel the 12 volt batteries together. The main down side to batteries in an RV is weight-they are heavy!