PDI Lists

jimtoo

Hi bartster,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with all kinds of information and all willing to help.

When you do your PDI make them show you everything. Turn everything on and off.. operate every valve and switch.... look in every crack and cranny... make sure the water is hooked up to city water,,, not just from your tanks....flush the pot and take notes if needed.

Enjoy the forum and keep on posting.

Jim M

truknutt

Committed Member
That's great..another Cyclone, y'all!!!

Search the forum for the PDI list. Have a DVD and/or CD to test out your entertainment system. If you have a small tv that helps to check out your tv hookups in the bedroom and garage.

As you are new to the RV thing, if you could document the walk thru with either a video camera or digital camera that would help you a bunch later down the road.

Make the dealer explain EVERYTHING!

Read this forum 'cause we just recently had threads on first time PDIs and what to expect.

Good luck and ask us anything!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Have the dealer demonstrate how to hitch and unhitch the trailer from your truck. Then you do it. Practice manuevering the rig around their lot before hitting the highway with it. Find a spot on the lot to try backing up, using your significant other as the spotter. Make sure you're both clear on what hand signals to use. For us, the little personal two-way radios work great. But before backing up, ALWAYS take a look at the area yourself, so you have a visual reference.

davebennington

I think I have suggested this before, but it is worth doing again. If you have a camcorder take a video of the entire PDI. There is so much to try to remember especially for a new camper you can forget alot, you should ask the dealer if they mind you doing this some do others do not. At least this way you an always refer to the recording in the future at a slower pace and pickup little things that you may have missed.

Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Prior to leaving the dealership get a telephone number of someone in service that will allow you to call them after hours so when you get out there on your first trip and something doesn't work you can call them for help.

jvblade

Canadian Member
I agree with Jim regarding city water. Run water through all the sinks, toilet and shower. I battled for a month after our PDI with water leaks from loose fittings and one fitting not glued properly. I'm still working on one leak under the shower door that I am not sure how the water is getting through.

lwmcguir

We had the dealer put water in the fresh water tank the week before we picked up the camper. Left the pump on with the system pressured up. No leaks at all on the fresh water side. Found a leak in the Grey water plumbing later on but it wouldn't have showed up on the PDI. Lots of thing to check out for sure.

2010augusta

Hook up and use the Black tank flush, to make sure that the check valves are installed the correct direction. Have them show you where the water pump is and where the water heater and how to get to them. This will require removing some screws and looking behind the "wall" but it needs to be done just to know what is back there.

Nothing is to small to get an explanation of and to make sure it is working

If it can be opened, open it
if it is a switch, find out what it operates