Another A+ on the BH!

ChopperBill

A couple of days ago we had one heck of a needed rain storm. Came down is sheets at times. I stood in the garage watching the rain going down the corners of the rain gutters on the Bighorn. Thought it was pretty neat how it funneled water to the four corners of the coach as my truck camper doesn't have them and just runs off where ever. Last night I was having a cool one and admiring the BH and noticed a thin black streak going down the sides of the rig where the down spouts were. No streaks on other parts of the BH just the corners. Can imagine the clean up I would have to do if those rain gutters didn't work so darn good! :)

jbeletti

Down Spout Extensions

Hi Bill,

I too get the same streaks. They widen out lower on the coach after a while too.

Good news though - they wash off easily :) The exterior RV wash I use and a soft bristle brush head on the end of a telescoping pole has worked for me. Now, bugs on the cap are another story altogether :eek:

While I have yet attempted to install them, I picked up a pack of downspout extensions at CW. If it ever cools down around here - maybe I'll get them on soon.

Here's a pic of what they look like. Hope they fit and hope they work.

31564.jpg

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim they do work and they do fit. I still have black streaks but not as bad as before I did not have the gutter extensions. With thd gel coat everything cleans up alot easier than the regular fiberglass sides.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
They were one of the first items I install on my coach. Picked them up at Walmart. They do a fair job, should be a little longer. Need to keep an eye on them, a little piece of dirt and the water doesn't shoot out and away from the coach. On my other campers, I made extensions, need to be about 4 inch long and then water will miss the sides completely. I wish they would make difference sizes.

Tom of Ypsi

This is my second coach with the " do dads" on and I have never lost one yet. On my last coach I did extend them by getting some clear plastic hose, split it in two and put a small screw through the plastic and the gutter extension. I worked well but after time the clear plastic tubing started to yellow and did not look as nice.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
On my other camper I made some out of stainless steel. Looked good, however was deal to make so I went for the "do dads". Went the weather cools maybe I'll make some more, and drop the do dads in the can. Oh, bill never had a problem with the wind removing them, only trees that got in the way.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Just clip some spring clothes pins on the ends, work pretty good. I only lose about two a year.

JoeW4300

I have the gutter extenders too but most of the rain water goes in the BigHorn so the extenders don't help much. Had the slide out last week in the rain and it leaked, had it in today and it rained and it leaked. This has been fixed twice by the dealer. If I park it in a garage I bet it won't leak!! I feel like I am the owner of an unusable RV. Attorneys General in Indiana and Mass. here I come.

arisce

We also have the extenders and then added the clip wooden clothes pins to avoid the black streaks. We have lost a few clothes pins but always carry extras in my laundry supplies.The BH cleans fairly easily compared to our other 5th wheel which was covered in aluminum siding.

Scott

I don't know who the dealer is, or where the leak is, but I do know this: 9,999 times out of 10,000, if there is a leak (which is very rare), we can find it and make it go away. Call our customer service dept. at 574.262.8030 and talk with David Partin. If we need to get you somewhere else, we will.
ST