Fantastic fan, mind of its own ??

Bobby A

O.K. so we are sitting in the rig last night with the fireplace on and a little box heater cranking ( it got down in the 40's last night in Fl) and all of a sudden the fantastic fan desides to kick on. The first thing I asked the DW, was the thermastat on ?? and she said no. So I got up on a chair and manually closed the vent. A few minutes later it opened by itself again and wouldn't shut off. I ended up pulling the fuse ( cause I wasn't smart enough to just turn the dial on the fan to 0) till this morning so I could check into it. After tearing into it and looking at everything and cleaning everything nothing seemed to be out of place except for a little moisture on the doam. I called Fantastic fan and the guys I talked to was GREAT and very helpful walked me through everything and said I did everything right, he did say excessive moisture could of made the fan come on even if the thermastat was off. I guess tonight I will put my vent pillow up there to keep the moisture out of the vent. Just an FYI, sorry for the long post.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Bobby A,

I had the same probleme a month ago...and dont know why its hapen. You give me the answer...

Thanks

Serge

For issues with your Fantastic Fan call them. They are very good people to deal with and can usually troubleshoot over the phone.

Bobby A

Bobby A,

I had the same probleme a month ago...and dont know why its hapen. You give me the answer...

Thanks

Serge

Good to know I could help, I figured someone experianced this before, as Jim stated in the next post, the people at fantastic fan are well, Fantastic !! they will bend over backwards to help.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Bobby,
I had the exact same opposite problem with my fantastic fans. For over a year I couldn't get those fanstastic fans open except manually. Finally, a Big Horn technician took off both thermostat, pressed to silver parts against each other for connection, and voila, our fantastic fans work again.

Macattack

We had the same thing happen to us. Seems like the fan had a mind of its own. We took it back to the dealer and he installed a new thermostat and we haven't had any problems with it since.

2010augusta

Our quit working (would not turn on) and it was due to condensation dripping off the cover on to the rain sensor, I had to open it manually and then get up on the roof and dry the sensor off with a towel, it started working fine for a while, till I have to vent out a bunch of steam form cooking again.

Is there an easy way to bypass the rain sensor without eliminating it? has anyone mounted a rocker switch on the inside of the fan to bypass it sensor?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Our quit working (would not turn on) and it was due to condensation dripping off the cover on to the rain sensor, I had to open it manually and then get up on the roof and dry the sensor off with a towel, it started working fine for a while, till I have to vent out a bunch of steam form cooking again.

Is there an easy way to bypass the rain sensor without eliminating it? has anyone mounted a rocker switch on the inside of the fan to bypass it sensor?

Red/Black switch up inside mine marked: Rain Sensor ON/OFF :)

Bobby A

After tearing it apart and cleaning it like I stated in my earlier post, my fan motor seems to have gotten noisy, does anyone know if I can squirt some light weight motor oil or something to help quiet it down ??

jbeletti

I can't answer your question Bobby but it may be time to test Fantastic on their replacement warranty :)

That said, if a squirt of oil would fix it - much easier than replacing the fan.

Jim

Bobby A

I can't answer your question Bobby but it may be time to test Fantastic on their replacement warranty :)

That said, if a squirt of oil would fix it - much easier than replacing the fan.

Jim

They sure have been Fantastic on the phone, maybe I'll try a little shot of oil and see what happens.