New to Camping and Working

Need some advice ... we're hoping to begin work and camping in the spring, but, big but --- we have two elderly dogs. Is it possible to workcamp with our dogs? And how the heck do we find out about possible jobs? My searches are coming up empty. Hopeless dream, I hoep not?

Thanks,
Karen

no, I haven't, and thanks very much for that advice. I see that you all have dogs ... have you had any difficulties camping with them?

ludwigdavid

David & Diana
check out Yellowstone General Stores
great place to work and live for the summer
dogs are aloud but best to keep them inside while you work

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Karen, We are workampers and have a senior Golden Retriever and a cat. We have not had any problems finding workamping jobs. Most parks hiring workampers require resumes so be sure to mention that you have pets in your resume. If they decide not to hire you because of your pets then I wouldn't want to work for them any way. If you are in a park now that uses workamers, you might inquire there if they are looking for help. We have gotten work the last 2 years just by word of mouth. Good Luck and Enjoy!

2010augusta

I see that you all have dogs ... have you had any difficulties camping with them?

Not any problems at all. Most campground allow dogs, and the area where we are currently staying has a great 17 acre off-leash park, so we can excerise them and let them chase balls and frisbees play with other dogs and get good 'n dirty. Our two are completely kennel trained, so we removed the dining table and put a large kennel and a chest freezer in the space.

The only issue we have is leaving them alone all day as we go and do hikes or other day trips in parks that do not allow dogs, but that would bot change if we were living in a S&B.

rvn4fun

Work Camping Site

I would sign up for this newsletter. It is free.
RVers Workers On Wheels Newsletter

porthole

Retired
Here's a nice picture of the "Old Girl". How could anyone not love this face?:angel:

Wow - and she still has a black nose. How old? I'm guessing 8.

We currently have our 2nd and 4th golden and of the four none of them had a black nose past 3-5 years.

The most current picture, shelter rat Molly, 5+ on the left, breeder girl Misty, 8+ on the right.

They are waiting for "movie time"

Attachments

• D30_6219_small.JPG
    D30_6219_small.JPG
    412.9 KB · Views: 12

rvn4fun

We have 2 friends that work camp with two big dogs. They are well behaved and don't bark. I don't think they have much trouble getting jobs. They mostly work at KOA's. We work camp in the summer time and travel with two cats. We have only been denied at one campground because we had pets.